Sunday, 12 June 2016

A fabric roll


I've been working on a fabric roll
I started this project about christmas time
but didn't really had the time to work on it.



I picked it up again about a month ago and it's finally finished.



here's some pics of the work in process


40 inch long strib of fabric with little fabric pieces attached on top
each little piece handstitched with what turned out to be a flower theme






I've attached the fabric roll to a vintage spool.
it was actually the spool that inspired me to make the roll



a little piece of seambinding added as hanger



lots of details in this pieces and lots and lots of slowstitch
it was so mch fun and definitely not the last fabric roll i'm going to make.

[it's listed in the shop]

wishing you all a wonderful sunday
Tina 









8 comments:

Sue said...

A lovely piece, Tina!

Lynn Holland said...

I haven't been able to part with the one I made Tina. I love the tones and stitching of yours. Very precious. It's lucky owner will be sure to cherish it.
Lynn x

susan hemann said...

so wonderful!!

Linda said...

How beautiful! :)

Jillayne said...

So beautiful Tina - I love it... I've been a bit of "slow-stitchng" myself, patching cloth and such - really loving making without purpose for a change...

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

love your precious stitching...so happy to find your blog too.

ArtPropelled said...

So beautiful!

Sharon W. said...

Tina: somehow I had "lost" you online, and so I am delighted to have come upon this little spool project. I too have been working on a similar bit of "spoolishness" since just before the holidays, and am ready to take it up again, so will enjoy comparing our projects. So pleased to have you on my favorites list again. Best wishes....Sharon