Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Collage Work


I really like the idea of
combining the collage work with the stitching

I´ve been working with that
making some little kind of 'books'
with no pages inside - sort of a cover like
I´m not sure what to call these
but maybe you know, when you´ve seen my photos




here´s my worktable
with work in progress.
Gathering suppliers for a new piece
I love this stage in the creative process too


starting the background
adding little piece along the way


stitching little piece to add too


here´s a closeup



another one with a blue tone
making the background first
and then the sticthed pieces



they can stand
can you see


I think they are like little books without pages


maybe you know a better word for these
Let me hear.

*************

Spring is around the corner
I´m spending almost all my spare time remodeling
a new 'old ' house.
We´re taking over my MIL´s house
and are going to use it as a summer house.
if everything works out
I´m going to have a second studio

I´ll keep you posted 

Wishing you all a beautiful day

Tina ♥♥♥




11 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

These are so beautiful Tina with such a nature feel to them.
Love the added stitched pieces to the papers!
Perhaps "Stitched Book Covers" - just an idea.
Your last little notebooks are lovely too with the primitive stitching.
Lucky you to get a second studio to work in when away!
x Suzy

Doreen said...

These are WONDERFUL Tina. Perhaps Stitched Portfolio's???

:)

Lynn Holland said...

"Books without Pages"
I like the sound of that.
I've been doing some using photographs of my textiles. Yours are winderful Tina 😊

Teresa said...

Your work is very inspiring! Beautiful embroidery!!

Holly Loves Art said...

Wonderful Tina! Just adore your work. I love working with soft muted colors... haven't in a while. I've been bright and bold so much lately. Thanks for sharing!

Cassie said...

Adore the soft muted tones and all the layers and textures. Folio is the first word that came to mind for me.

Sue Marrazzo said...

PERFECT!!!!

Gerda said...

It's beautiful! I love the soft colors and all those yummy layers and the beautiful stitching.

Gerda said...

It's beautiful! I love the soft colors and all those yummy layers and the beautiful stitching.

suplemen kecantikan said...

nice post..

Suplemen Kecantikan

Jillayne said...

Good luck with the renovations Tina - a summer studio sounds wonderful!
I love your little collaged and stitched "books" - if they had a pocket on the inside cover they would be called a folio, but I do like them as they are - so sweet!