Thursday, 11 December 2014

Slowing down - Working with Fabric


The holiday season is here
I´m slowing down
it´s a need and a must.

This year have been a very stressful year for me
it´s time for some quiet days.

I´m going to catch up on my workshops



these are samplers
the beginning of little quilts
or the play with fabric


inspired by Jude Hill
I signed up a workshop over at Spirit Cloth
I love her style


little details on my first sampler


and here it is .- finished
worked on this for days
while waiting for the result of xray and biopsy
with tiny little stitches
only thing I was capable of


the start of the second one
weawed the base
and added elements


a little experiment with handdying and rust



didn´t turned out quite as I wanted.
need the practice more
and find out the secrets
but I did get some pretty marks


weawing across the moon
Jude is so good at this
I wanted to try - had too many layers
Going to give it another try

results came from hospital
everything was benign 
only need a surgery on dec. 22th


more elements

I´m not sure where this will take me.
I´m just enjoying the slow work with tiny stitches
as for now

exploring and learning



Tina ♥♥♥ 


5 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Tina,
I have to say that I am worried about you dear but all seems to be not as big a concern as you had thought! Yes it is time for some slow work dear friend.
These little pieces you are creating in Jude's workshop look gorgeous - I really love her work too!
Hope you stay calm and peaceful and I send my Christmas blessings,
Hugs from wet days here downunder,
Suzy
PS How did you go at the Craft Fair?

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Sorry to hear you had such worry and now also that you will have surgery. Please take care of yourself and yes indeed, slow down.

Gail Thayer said...

Tina,

The most important part of 'creating' is having your head in the right place........I do hope you're o.k. and take your time with your creations, their lovely!
Take the time you need with your art, it's worth it and your fans will appreciate it.

Vicki Styons said...

Sorry you need surgery but so glad it is benign. Really like your new work.

Sue Marrazzo said...

AWESOME!