Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Painting Poppies


Those of you, who have been around here
for long, know I´ve been trying my hands on
some sketching and painting.

trying out new tecniques
different medias
exercising

recently I signed up for a Poppy
painting class at Mitsib
 I just love the way she´s painting
her poppies.




this is really challenging
these poppies are made with watercolor.


I haven´t painted much with watercolor
so wanted to learn the tecnique for this too


here´s  my humble attemps


I´m having a hard time
trying to have the paint do as I wish

It looks very easy on those instructions
I tell you
it.is.not


I made these today
making a few in between


practice - practice - practice
I might get the hang of it eventually

Have a beautiful day
Tina ♥♥♥

5 comments:

morkaren said...

Hej Tina, det er så flot, og du har allerede godt fat i teknikken, jeg kan fortælle dig at netop akvarel er en af de sværeste teknikker for der er ingen fortrydelse, den skal bare sidde der med det samme. knus morkaren.

Dawn said...

They are beautiful, Tina!!! Must get out my watercolors and paint something….anything!

Lynn Holland said...

Following along now Tina. I think you are getting really good results with your poppies

Liezl said...

Hi Tina! I came over from Sketchbookery... I love your paintings of the poppies! Beautiful!

Jillayne said...

Tina, these are amazing! You may have struggled with them, but they are so beautiful, I am in awe... I would say you have the hang of them now...