Saturday, 5 April 2014

April is Here

and more than two weeks have gone since my last post.

I wanted to show you what I have been up to.

The flea market season haven´t really started yet, but I found one
a few weeks ago. Didn´t find that many goodies, but I was lucky enough
to get my hands on a little old unused dairy and a bunch of sweet
embroidered bird pieces


thought they would make perfect book covers
so decided to make some more book.
who could have guessed



this time with a new binding method
new to me that is - coptic stitch binding.


old books
and water color paper


and a few notebooks too,
made from old books
and unused vintage ledger pages.



here´s the binding


and some front covers.
These books are in the shop

**********************

stamp carving

I have been wanting to try for some time now


quite fun that is



and quite happy with them too
I am

************************

I´ve also signed up for the
by Mindy Lacefield


first project


new inspiration

*************************

For those of you who know
Things are lightning up a bit over here
I´m not sure how much respite we get this time
or if this is for good - cross my fingers here.

I´ve had a little more quiet me time
and new ideas are coming
that´s a good sign
on the other hand - the bear making spirit is fading
I´m not sure if this is a temporarry outcome or...

Those I make now will be aimed for Hugglets in september.
I´m hoping for a little update before the summer
holidays, but at this time, I´m not sure how
things will work out.

Thank you so much for coming in today
Tina ♥♥♥




2 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Tina
You were so lucky to find those beautiful embroidered bird pieces - they are so gorgeous and represent hours of beautiful stitching.
Love how you have used them on your coptic journals.
Great to see you enjoying the creation of your own stamps and more painting too.
Hope for some long respite now!
Hugs,
Suzy

marie said...

I love your books...I'd like to learn how to do the coptic stitch binding. The stitched bird pieces are the perfet finishing touch to your books!