Sunday, 16 June 2013

Balancing Time


that´s what I trying to.
balancing between family stuff, dayjob, bearmaking,
blogging, making stuff for the Etsy Shop, finding time
for reading, knitting, crocheting.

I would like to do it all
there´s just not enough time.
it´s all a matter of choice

here´s what´s going on at the moment over here.

after finishing the bears in the last post
and updating the website
I took a little bear brake and worked
a bit with my lace stash.

stack of handmade books


I love making all different kinds of books
that´s my second passion
you probably already know


Here´s a view of what I´ve been working on.

incorporated some vintage book covers
and old photos too.


and some close up details too


one of the books have blank pages inside
perfect for journaling or notes or...


the rest have fabric and lace pages



front covers



one is in the shop right now
one have sold already
the rest will go up later today

******

I´m back to bear making

Need to start working on bears for the 
Hugglets Fair in September.
I know - there´s plenty of time before
september will be here, but not enough time in 
bear world.  There have to be some
for the website too and for my sales agent in the US

In the meantime
one little bear was left on my website



it´s this sweet little fellow
Hannibal

I´ll list him HERE
later today

*****

Mary Ann Moss is lauching an new 
online class



I signed up today
well knowing that I don´t really have the time.
I just don´t wanna miss this opportunity.
I do have some plans with this.
More about that later.

If you like to work with paper
this is for you
Go and sign up.

Wishing you all a beautiful sunday

Tina ♥♥♥



7 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Tina I really understand about the balancing act of creating, blogging, homelife, running a shop etc. etc.
but more important is addressing the amount of stress these can create!

Just love all of your new lace books, especially now that you can use some of those old vintage cabinet cards, frames and album covers. They look fantastic.

Enjoy your Sunday if you can get a break!
x Suzy

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

I am with you on the balancing act. Sometimes I feel like I am on a teeter totter, with me being the heavier person always stuck on the bottom, never able to get off the ground and find enough time to blog and create. I think that we always feel guilty for making creative time rather than doing our "chores". I love your books and bears! Sue

Mosaic Magpie said...

I agree as well...just not enough hours in the day for everything we love to do. Love the books especially the cabinet cards and soldered charms.
Deb

Rhonda said...

That balancing act of our time is truly a hard thing to do. No matter how hard we all try, spending time to create always gets pushed aside.

But you, Tina, you create the most incredible books and bears that I've ever seen. These new books are so stunning. I'm so happy you found the time to create and share with us.
xo Rhonda

Belladonna said...

These books are awesome!

Vintage Market Place said...

Tina your books are so beautiful.
Such detail and love poured into each one.
I love all the shabby lace and doilies layered with trims and findings.
Amy

Jillayne said...

Your books are so beautiful Tina - so very beautiful. What beautiful laces you have used...
I just looked up to see when the September Hugglets Fair is - and I will miss it by four days - we are arriving in London on the 12th of September - I would so loved to have met you and seen your bears...