Sunday, 14 April 2013

My {travel} Journal for Venice


I´m going to Venice

and this time it´s not a class
it´s for real
In one week, on April 22th I´m flying in
for the Marco Polo Airport and will be spending
one week in beautiful Venice.
I´ve never been there before so I´m looking very much 
forward to this trip.

I´ve made myself a travel journal for this trip.

Gathering paper for the pages.
The blue book cover with the pretty flowers
you can see in the right hand upper corner in this
photo is going to be the cover for my journal


preparing the signatures



sewing the spine.

I´ve used some of my book cloth tape
and some pretty matching waxed thread


I´ve also sewed in some pockets to store stuff
made from pretty overlays.



Here´s a look at the pages inside.



different sizes
and pages made from my vintage photo albums 



Here´s the finished look




This is the first time I´m going to bring a 
travel journal like this.
Can´t wait to start using it.

Still need to decide what to take with me
as journaling suppliers.

Looks like spring is on it´s way over here.
Finally.

Have a beautiful day my friends

Tina ♥♥♥

14 comments:

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

What a beautiful book! I hope that it will become a wonderful record of your nice trip. Have fun!

Beth Leintz said...

Love all the different papers you used.

Let us know how "on the road" journalling goes. I know I've tried to keep travel diaries, but it can be hard on vacation because sometimes by the time I'm back to my hotel, I'm just too tired to write.

Whether you journal during your trip or when you get home, I'm anxious to see the pages.

Claudia said...

Your journal is lovely! Have a wonderful time in Venice.

xo
Claudia

Leanne said...

oh I'm so excited you're going! I hoped for a trip there this year, but I think perhaps I was being a tad unrealistic...

Your journal looks wonderful -- do share the pages when you get back! Have a fabulous time....

Rhonda said...

Safe travels, Tina. You will have a fabulous time. Your travel journal is beautiful and yet practical.

I cannot wait to hear all about your trip!!

oldgreymare said...

Tina it is perfect right now without a word in it, but it will be spectacular when you are finished with it..
Safe and wonderful travels my friend

Sandra Kaye said...

OOOOOOooooo...LOVE it!!! You did great my friend!! I wish I was going with you :):) You have totally inspired me to make a Paris journal. I go in September:):) Dont forget to IG while you are in Venice..I want to see whatcha doing:):) Hugs-S

morkaren said...

Den bog ser skøn ud, jeg håber du må få en dejlig tur til Venedig, og have mange uforglemmelige minder med hjem i den fine bog. knus morkaren.

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Its beautiful. You inspire me.
~Elizabeth

suziqu's thread works said...

Gorgeous Travel Journal here Tina. I can see how excited you are about the trip by your journal creation also.
A perfect time to go and hope you really enjoy your stay there.
Happy Journalling!
x Suzy

the paper addiction said...

How fabulous - I hope you have a fabulous time!! Your journal looks delicious! xx Michelle

Karen said...

Your travel journal is so lovely. I hope you have a wonderful vacation in Venice.

ingridp said...

Ohhhh Tina, how lovely. I was in Venice just before the Ticket To Venice and I made the book after. Tell me if you want two very good restaurants!
Have a good trip,enjoy

jan b. said...

l-o-v-e it!