Tuesday, 5 March 2013

vintage photo albums


I thought I would show you my
collection of vintage photo albums.

I´ve been hunting vintage photo albums for 
over a year now and probably more.
Ever since I took the Fult Tilt Boogie
class from Mary Ann, I´ve been
wanting some albums to use for journals.

After a lot of time and a lot of money
I´ve finally managed to get myself a nice little collection



They are VERY hard to find over here.
I´ve been lucky to find some leather ones though.
They are the only kind I´ve seen in Denmark,
so far - no velvets and no celluloids



and they are very high up on my wish list.


velvet ones
and celluloid ones
and finally I got hold of some

yeahh me :-)



these two are very small ones.
If I turn them into journals, it´ll be very small journals
but I might do it anyway.
I think they are so so pretty.
I love the worn look
they are quite miserable though - but who cares....


These are my celluloid albums
I have 3 now :-)


the back of two of them.
yummi velvet fabric 


I got this beautiful white one from my friend Lisa.
This is definately going to be a journal



This blue one is perfect in size
Love the bright color


and the pages inside are
in the most beautiful robins egg blue color


My latest find
a huge french celluloid album
in a wonderful color and with pretty flowers and awesome fonts on the front.


a close up of the front cover.


the pages inside is so pretty.
They are going to be perfect as pages in those
upcoming journals.


Here´s a close up of the pages inside.
I hope this gives you an idea of how pretty they are.


So far I´ve made one of my big leather albums
into a journal.


I´ll show you more about that in another post.


Still hunting.
One can never have enough vintage photo albums
right....

Wishing you all a beautiful day

Tina ♥♥♥

ps:

don´t forget
There´s new bears on the website this evening.

16 comments:

ingridp said...

Hi
Just doing FTB now and was just thinking How on earth will I find albums like that! Never seen them. Just now practicing the binding. Did you find yours on the Internet?

sugar Creek said...

I know how you feel! I love them as well! I have one velvet one that I plan on turing into a journal too.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Hello Tina, I tried to visit your website but my Virus protection would not let me as it said it has a Trojan Virus. Sorry.

morkaren said...

Jeg forstår din glæde over de smukke gamle bøger. knus morkaren.

Sandra Kaye said...

Very nice collection Girlfriend!!! I was doing the same after taking that class!! I sent my package:):) and your bears sold out fast :):) Yeah!!!

jan b. said...

What a lovely collection you've amassed. I love the one with the poppies (your latest find). I had a few albums prior to FTB, but have acquire soooo many more since. They can be quite addictive. But there's something about those small albums that draw me in. I find them so very 'precious'. Looking forward to seeing your fabulous results. Now ... if I could just become a do-er instead of a wanna-be.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Wow, dear Tina, you've got such an amazing collection of photo albums. They are all so beautiful. I love the leather ones as well as the others. The French celluloid album has the prettiest pages I've ever seen. Have fun creating with them.
xoxo,
Julia

Photocat said...

Quite a collection Tina. I am in love with the yellow one with the portrait inside. Reminds me of Asta. Don't know if you ever read "Asta's book", by Barbara Vine. It's about a Danish woman living in London around the turn of the century and her diary. My book for a desert Island. It's available as e-book. READ IT... ;o))

chaim k said...

Hi all, You can find some nice photo albums at www.photoalbumscanada.com not so vintage looking but very nice. They ship to the USA as well.

Ani said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful albums Tina, I am so tempted to find some of these but I fear that would push my husband to leave me for sure as I do NOT need another collection of any sort! =0) My bear, doll and many cases of books are already threatening to leave us little room to live, but I do love being surrounded by them all! I can't wait to meet little Augusta bear, she has many friends waiting here for her in the USA. Best, Ani

the paper addiction said...

Wow - I am jealous of your collection. I have been hunting for these too, ever since I saw what Mary Ann Moss did with them. I have not found any of the celluloid ones here in NZ but I will keep looking. Can't wait to see what you do with them!! xx Michelle

Theresa Smith said...

I can't wait to see some journals when you get them done!
tot

Alexandra Eitel said...

Wow fantastic photo albums Tina!

Lisa said...

Hi Tina,
I have so much to say today. Should just send an email. I had a workshop at my house over the weekend and the girls were digging thru my studio and found the beautiful fabric and lace book you made me. They were making a mess drooling all over it, LOL. The two little albums you showed made my heart skip! Oh I love those so much. I also have a little collection going due to the class from MAM but unlike you I have not completed one. I am running into trouble on sewing the pages. Wish you lived close so you could help me out, yours is amazing. Lisa

Jillayne said...

The page in the French album is pretty indeed! My favourite kind of pretty in fact....
I am so happy you are finding some of these treasures and look forward to seeing them done up with your special magic!

Cláudia Loureiro Reino J. C. said...

Hi!
I receive your posts in my email.
I'm collecting CDV photos of men with mustache (the stranger the better). Do you have some to sell?
Thanks

reinojacheguei@gmail.com