Wednesday, 19 December 2012

While {we} wait

 
 
{Courage consists in the power of self-recovery}
Ralph Emerson
 
The snow arrived over here.
So did Mr. Blue.
Normally he would arrive at my doorstep sometimes
on the day before Christmas
 
 
this year he knocked on my
door already on Nov.1th.
Since then he have been
following me around the house

{while we wait}
 
I have been doing a little Christmas decorating
in the meantime
and a little bit of cleaning out in the studio.
Going through boxes - sorting a bit
stuff like that.

 
while doing so, I came across all the cards, and letters
and tags and business cards I have saved from
lovely blogging friends thought the years.

 
and decided to make a
Friendship Memory Journal
out of those. To have them all gathered in one place
to be enjoyed and to give memories
about all the lovely gifts and swaps I have received

{while we wait}
 
here´s some of the pages.
And there´s lots of space for more.
I so love this journals of Frindship
 

 
The 'Ticket to Venice'
have started and this is my suppliers
I gathered for my journal for this class.

 
the signatures - all ready

{while we wait}
 
This is my finished journal.
This is going to be my
'how to' travel journal

 
I have some really cool vacations coming up
next year and have planned to make travel journals
for those - can´t wait

 
Here´s the spine.
How cool is that.
MAM is such a wonderful teacher
and I can´t wait to follow along
with the 'fill it' part.
 
I´ll show you along the way.
 
 
That´s all I have been doing since last time.
But that´s okay
Things are going in the right direction
and will definitely be better
 
Thanks for popping in.
I so appreciate you all
 
Tina ♥♥♥
 
 
 
by the way
 
he´s still here
Mr. Blue that is.
Normally he´ll leave on Jan. 2nd.
Cross my fingers he´ll do so this time too.
 
 
 


15 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, Tina, I adore your journal, it is so beautiful. What a beautiful post and I wish you all the very best this holiday!

morkaren said...

Kære Tina, tak for kik i dine kreative gemmer, jeg holder meget af din gamle bog, men de små "flaskerenser træer" er jeg vild med, jeg har ledt efter sådan nogle i årevis, kan du huske hvor du har købt dem? juleknus morkaren.

Regina said...

Love love love the journal. What a beautiful keepsake you have now. Now...I'm wandering if your Mr Blue is the same as mine. If so then I'm sending you feel better thoughts sweet friend.

Hugs,
Regi

Wendy Chamberlain said...

Hi Tina
Definitely have Mr Blue wondering around my home at the moment. Think I need a small dose of sunshine or perhaps it just that end of the year feeling. Love your journal what a wonderful idea.
Wishing you and your family a special Christmas holiday. See you in February.
hugs
Wendy

oldgreymare said...

Sending you my love and best wishes and blessings to you and those you love. <3

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Tina
I hope the joys of Christmas bless your heart and bring you some peace!
Your Friendship Memory Journal will be so special. I am planning one also with gifted fabric collages.
I recall those words on that page you have shown.
Thank you Tina for including my little note to you!
Take care and am sending you some Christmas blessings too!
Hugs,
Suzy

Gaby Bee said...

I just wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Gaby xo

Lynn said...

Dear Tina, I am so sorry to hear Mr Blue is with you. I don't know if you have a specific reason to be down, and even if you don't just know that a lot of us have this problem at this time of year for some reason. I find being a very sensitive person makes it somehow harder and the lack of sunlight too. Would love some snow right now :)

I love your journal, what a great idea, maybe if I ever get organized I could do something like that.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hello dear Tina, I'm sorry to hear about that visitor of yours. I know how you feel. I hope that Mr. Blue will leave soon and you can be happy again.
Your journal is beautiful and I'm sure the ones you plan to make will be too. Your travel plans for the next year sound very promising.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Big Christmas hugs to you,
Julia

Jillayne said...

I hope Mr. Blue wanders on and lives in a forest or mountain top for a good long while....
Your journal is lovely and when you're ready you will fill it and it will be wonderful. I've missed you and your beautiful posts and send big hugs your way!

Zuzu said...

Such a wonderful idea to gather all the precious gifts from friends into a journal, Tina! I LOVE this idea.

Every visit to your blog is a treat for the eyes. Your art inspires!

Sending hugs & love to you this Christmas,
Zuzu

Evi said...

Tina, I want to wish you a merry Christmas annd a happy and healthy 2013. May it be filled with joy and creativity.
Blessings,
Evi

babyjane said...

Tina, Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a bright, prosperous new year. Thank you for sharing all your delightful work through your blog!

the paper addiction said...

Hi Tina Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I am so glad to hear from you as I have now seen your gorgeous book. I hope you are enjoying your Ticket to Venice as much as I am. All the very best to you in 2013 xx Michelle

Alisa Noble said...

I hope that nasty old Mr. Blue has finally left you, Tina.

I'm loving your journal pics on instagram!