Sunday, 5 August 2012

I {heart} Flea Markets


I {heart] flea markets
I know you know
but just in case you didn´t...

A few weeks ago I got a chance to visit
my favorite one - the one I can´t drive
to myself
hubby showed mercy - yeahhh for him

It was a great one.


I found some cool old books.
the big one is filled with wonderful
old photos


an old photoalbum - half full of
cabinet cards and some very cool old hardware


a box full of old lace



here´s a close up of the lace pieces


pretty right....

***

todays was a rainy one
most booths were covered with table cloths
and plastic so it was difficult to see anything
but I did manage to find a few goodies.

a wonderful Villeroy & Boch bowl
with pretty blue pattern.


a beautiful old tablecloth with lots of embroidery
and inserted lace and quite a few dirty spots too, but that doesn´t mind
as I´ll probably cut this for some projects.

 

How about this fun embroidered piece.
I´m not sure what this is called in English, but
in Danish it´s a 'klokkestreng'. meant to be hanged on the wall for
decoration. This one is a calendar with every month embroidered
with a  pretty image and all the dates too.
My plan is to take it apart and use each part alone or
maybe put some of the months up for sale for
repurpose in someone elses projects.

 

little pieces of silverware
and a few tin pieces too.


an old book with funny drawings


and some small ones with old photos.
I think the covers from these two
will be turned into journals


I {heart} flea markets.
Can you tell.....

Here´s to a beautiful sunday
I´m off to watch some olympics
We got a gold yesterday - yeahhh..

Tina ♥♥♥


21 comments:

Lululiz said...

Thats what I call a VERY successful flea market visit. My goodness, you found some treasures. The lace has got to be my favourite of course, but you found so many other beautiful things as well. Now, the thing you call a "klokkestreng" looks like a bell pull. Originally they were literally that, connected via wired to the servants' hall, you pulled it so that the bell would ring in the servants' quarters and they would bring you your tea and cucumber sandwiches etc. Nowadays they are ( unfortunately ) just for decoration. I'd love to be able to call for servants that way, wouldn't you?

morkaren said...

Hold da op, hvor ligger det loppemarked?, der var du da godt nok heldig, sikke mange dejlige gamle ting at bære hjem. knus morkaren.

Doni said...

So did you almost run toward your hubby hollering, "Start the CAR!!!"
: ) I would have!!
GREAT HAUL! LOVE those laces..and in fact am quite jealous of your great finds.
I went out Friday and only found a few little things...but, one was a vintage glove box with lid, so that was a score for me!
Thanks so much for the great photos you shared!
Blessings,Doni

Petite Michelle Louise said...

i missed going to my favorite Sunday flea market these past few Sundays but YOUR finds allowed me to be there in my mind. so many lovely tresors tina! i especially love the lace, old photographs and hardware finds! sigh...

Leanne said...

Hurray! you found some vintage photo albums! I can't wait to see what you make of them!

Karen B. said...

Sweet Tina,
your findings are so beautiful!! Please take me with you next time(omg that would be great)!
sending you many hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Vintage Market Place said...

Looks like you came across some great findings for your artworks.
I bet the wheels are spinning for new things to come.
Have a great day
and Congrats on the GOLD :)
Amy

oldgreymare said...

You scored Girlie!

Love the books- will make fabulous journals especially the ones you make <3
xx
z

Bunty said...

Beautiful finds Tins - have fun with them.

Barbara

babyjane said...

Oh, how I wish we had such fabulous finds in our flea markets near me... You are so lucky to have struck gold with all these treasures! Can't wait to see you work your magic with them.

Monica said...

So, so beautiful, Tina! I repeatedly meant to ask if you managed to find some tresures in Italy, and always forgot.
Thanks for all the nice and kind comments you have recently left me. What a blessing!
xo

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hello dear Tina, You've been lucky again to find so many wonderful treasures! I'm drooling over the lace (who would have guessed, lol) but I love your hardware and photo albums too. The picture at the beach with the ladies in white dresses is gorgeous. Have fun playing with your new goodies, dear friend!
Have a great week :-)!
xoxo,
Julia

Joolz said...

Oh what wonderful treasure you found! I'm sure you will make some divine goods with that lot!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Tina,
I heart flea markets too. You found some lovely lovely treasures. I know that you will create something beautiful with these things.

xo,
Danielle

suziqu's thread works said...

Georgeous flea market finds Tina. I can see how you will create with a number of these beautiful finds plus I love the tarnished tin items!
x Suzy

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

It's so much fun planning a weekend... hmmmmmm... which one to go to? And then, once there, the thrill of going from booth to booth having special things catch your eye! I loved your photo album. Great find! And of course all the laces.... ! Job well done!

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness Tina what wonderful finds! I just love seeing the difference in what people are able to find and collect in different regions. Love the little metal and silver pieces, so unique. I can't wait to see what wonderful creative uses you come up with using these.

Alisa Noble said...

Drooling!!!

time worn interiors said...

Wow! You found some great stuff! Good for you!

Those grandbabies are turning a year old! Hope yours is doing well!

tot

Vicki said...

I love your flea market finds. It's so much fun to see what other people find and then what they create.thanks for sharing.

Jillayne said...

Yay Tina - you hit the jackpot! And yay to your husband for driving you.
I love all your treasures and think they will make beautiful additions to your own creations. Congratulations on your treasure trove!