Wednesday, 11 July 2012

A Wonderful BookSwap

Hello

Some time ago my long time blogging friend
Sandy and I decided to do a book swap.
I´ve showed you a few sneak peeks in a previous post,
but the books have reach their destinations, so
now I´m able to show you everything.

I must warn you
there´s lots and lots of photos in this post.

This is Sandy´s book for me


The parcel arrived yesterday, and I was so excited.
This is the front page - the first thing I saw when opening.
An original drawing with a natures theme.
How cool is that - and I just knew it would be.
Sandy is SO talented.





Photos of the pages from top and side.
They are all so detailed.


This is the fist page.
A beautiful tree with the cutest little handmade nest.


Love the texture and the text.


pearls and sea shells
and the most beautiful leaf.
It´s edged with a metal thread.
I have no idea how she makes these - so cool


here a little close up for some of the details


a beautiful little bird with wings
and leafs made the same way


another close up


every second page has space for notes
so I can use this as a journal


embroidered text
and the most beautiful embroidered flower
I have ever seen.


had to show ypu a close up
of the flower too


twig. feather. stone. leaf
sign....


eggs in different shapes


and this is the spine.
How brilliant is this - made from branched.
I´ve never seen anything like this


Sandy also included some extras in the parcel
Lots of suppliers for journal making


I can´t wait to use it all
in a future journal.
A little bag with feathers


a little bird
and beautiful natures tags


some of her very special papers with handmade natures prints
and this beautiful handmade fabric pieces overloaded with details.

If you don´t know Sandy - make sure på pop over
for a visit and see for yourself how talented this lady is.

******
This is the book I made for Sandy

A cover made from a vintage quilt
with a sweet little image on the front


tied with a silk ribbon
and removeable

This is the front cover of the book.
I experimented with dried hydrangeas,
gesso and wax on this.


Here´s the pages inside.


some twigs
some metal
some lace
some fabric


little drift wood pieces in the pocket


found objects
watch parts


an old coin purse
velvet leafes


old book pages
more wax


Thank you SO much to Sandy
for doing this wonderful book swap with me.

I hope you enjoyed the photos

Tina ♥♥♥


22 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Both books are absolutely beautiful,dear Tina.I'm in love with the book you made for Sandy:)
Maybe because it is white and vintage,lol.Thanks for sharing.Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvonne said...

WAUW! What a beautyful books!!!!
Greetings from a dutch woman living in Germay :-), Yvonne

oldgreymare said...

Zowie!
These are just beautiful. You both must keep picking them up and exploring and finding new treasures each time. They are works of art. :D
xxx
z

Rowann Wilkerson said...

Amazing Artwork Girls...Lots of LOVE and CREATIVITY went into those treasures. Thanks for Sharing.

Vintage Market Place said...

Tina, these are just to amazing for words.
The time and patience it would take to make such a piece of art makes my head hurt. LOL

You both are so lucky to have found each other to swap with.
They are works of art to be cherished for ever.
Amy

Joolz said...

Both books are devine! Also very inspirational, I'm sitting here thinking I should just do one!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Both books are so beautiful. What treasures to enjoy and display.

xo,
Danielle

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Both of you have put lots of thoughts, work and love into the books and they turned out stunning, dear Tina!
Have a wonderful day :-)!
xoxo,
Julia

Robin said...

Both of these gorgeous books are full of creative genius! Much time, love and thought went into them and it shows. Hope you are having a great week.

Hugs,
Robin

Barb said...

OMG Tina,
Both books are beyond words to describe the love and talent each book represents. What true treasures. Ooooh how I wish I could sew.
Thanks so much for sharing,
Barb

Bunty said...

They are both so precious! All the care and detail that has gone into them both. Such beautiful keepsakes - you lucky girls!

Barbara

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

Beautiful...and inspirational!
That embroidered flower is theeeeee most stunning thing I've ever seen! I just might have to try that sometime.



Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh dear Tina what a beautiful swap! I love both of your gorgeous and creative books so full of pretty details. I tried the link to Sandy but it didn't work, but I guess it might be Sandy Babb from Quill Cottage, right?
Thanks for having missed me sweet Tina, I missed you too!
Hugs
Carola xoxo~

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Tina
The book swap is absolutely stunning - I mean both of them are so beautiful.
So much love and thought gone into them and they are both so very inspirational - there is so much detail that you need to look again and again!
Hugs,
Suzy

melanie said...

gorgeous books...what imaginations and wondrous talent you both have...delighted to have found you ....thanks for the inspiration...
melanie

Inn Country said...

I love all your beautiful creations and your creative space. thanks so much for sharing
Lisa

A China Cupcake said...

I love your handmade books and vintage photos
I peeked at the needle work you did on your
hearts ... amazing work .The tini stitches and
fine work you do on your bears must have taken
years of learning Pat Beglin I would like a tini
bear !!!

Lululiz said...

Incredibly beautiful, both journals. I can't tell you how much I admire creations like these, they are just so amazing.

Vee said...

You gals were inspired to do this exchange. I've just come from The Quill where I saw your beautiful gift to Sandy and it has been lovely to see her gift to you. You are both incredible artists and gifted with amazing creativity.

Alexandra Eitel said...

This book is so lovely!!!
Wonderful work Tina

Catharina Maria said...

absolutely beautiful , I love them !
Love from the Netherlands ♥RINI♥