Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Making something to Wear

I´ve finally had some time to create
something to wear.
I do have a shop for that too you know.

Knitting and crocheting is what I do in the evenings
while watching news on the tv.


I do watch a lot of news.
That´s almost the only thing I watch on the tv.

 

these last evenings I have been working on cuffs


this is how they look when finished.


For a long time I have been wanting to
make some fabric cuffs too.
I started gathering suppliers long time before Christmas
and it was planned to be my christmas months
cosy crafting project, but life happened
and I didn´t get time to make any.


Now was the time
and I´ve finally managed to make a few.
These are my first attemps, so bear with me :-)


A little closeup
I´ve used some of my vintage lace - of course


a little bling
and vintage buttons


more closeup
with a pretty rose colored velvet ribbon.
The rhinestones on this one
is actually inherited from my mother
so they are pretty old.



Here they are
5 different romantic cuffs




I think they turned out quite pretty
as a first attemp to be.

Both the knitted/crochet ones
and the fabric ones
are destined for

Wishing you all a very pretty day today

Tina ♥♥♥


10 comments:

Doreen Frost said...

OH TINA...these are so lovely!!!

WELL DONE..and I just love the green yarn..so pretty!!

hugs, Doreen

Sandy said...

Beautiful designs and workmanship!

Evi said...

Tina, I have never seen anything like this here. What a charming idea. I think they came out fantastic! I always admire people that can also crochet and knit.....I am awful at it.
It is fun to do different things, it encourages us to think outside the box.
Happy creating,
xoxo, Evi

The French Bear said...

You are amazing!!! I love to see everything you do!
The cuffs are so beautiful.....
Hugs,
Margaret B
xx

Vintage Market Place said...

Tina they are both so gorgeous.
I can't wait to see your crocheting finished.
I am doing the same right now. it is so hot here, I love getting out my yarns and turning the air conditioning on so I can work in the cold air.

You are so talented.

Have fun
Amy

Lynn said...

I love how your cuffs are both knit and crochet, lovely design. I just finished a knitted fingerless glove , but I don't knit every day.

Caterina Giglio said...

such beauty... I had to take a peek to see them up close!

Alisa Noble said...

They are ALL beautiful, Tina. And I would love to wear a pair of the blue crocheted ones... well, if it weren't 95 degrees here.

time worn interiors said...

you knit and crochet to! wow! you are so talented! i love the crochet cuffs because they would really keep you wrist warm. but those lovely cuffs with crochet are over the top! sigh!
tot

BettyJean @ ShabbyTeaParty said...

how lovely!!!