Tuesday, 15 May 2012

From Worktable to Finished Project

I´ve finished my project on my worktable
the project from last post
A new journal

 

here´s a look at the spine.
It´s a Full Tilt Boogies Journal.
I love how these journals are bound


this time I covered my book covers completely
using on of my vintage table cloths and some bits and snippets


a little closeup of the strap in the spine



lots of different pages inside.
A lot of white ones this time
but also some made of scrapbook paper, ledger paper
and covers from old records


a little texting on the front



here´s another look at the pages


and how the back of the journal looks like.

Now - If I only dared to start journaling
in some of these homemade journals

Those fresh pages - blank and ready...

seems I don´t have the courage yet.

Have a wonderful day my friends
and thank you for peeking in today

Tina ♥♥♥

13 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

I'm so glad you left me a comment! Your blog is just lovely and your work just amazing! I hope we can keep in touch! Best wishes!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my word Tina that is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Petite Michelle Louise said...

your journals are petite works of textile art tina! truly...i would have difficulty writing in them sa well...oh-so-lovely! ;)

Janine said...

It looks lovely Tina, just fine art.

Leanne said...

Gorgeous! I am still at the practicing signatures stage of that class. I love this and how you have those aqua blues all on the outside to see through the binding ... seems a shame your books stay empty though ... maybe they could be stories about your beautiful bears? or collected quotes beautifully written?

17-17 said...

Tina, it's soooo cute! I love this delicate work. Hugs, Magda

oldgreymare said...

One of these days..I intend to try my hand at journaling again. I made one bound journal about 40 years ago. I think it's time ..lol Yours is lovely.
xx
z

Lynn said...

Beautiful work Tina, love the strap on the spine of the book especially :)

@nne said...

so beautiful! love, @nne

Blessed Serendipity said...

Wow Tina, simply gorgeous! I hope you share some of the pages inside.

blessings,
Danielle

sjmcdowell said...

Dear Tina,

This has to be one of the most beautiful journals I have ever seen!!
You are wonderful artist dear friend. The spine is stunning.
A true work of art.

Love and Blessings,

Susan
xxoo

blingqueen said...

I luv this journal too, but I know the feeling of being afraid to journal in them. I don't like my handwriting, I don't want to ruin them and I don't want to divulge to much personal stuff in them, so then what????

Doreen Frost said...

OH TINA..I LOVE this!!! If you ever decided to do a tutorial on these..sign me up!!!

hugs, xoxo
doreen