Sunday, 29 April 2012

My junking finds from Sweden

Despite the short vacation in Sweden
I managed to visit my favorite antique shop
in the area - a huge farm with junk in
4 big barns

Here´s what I brought home with me

beautful pillowcase with embroidery
an old collar, vintage lace pieces
and old coin purse
and a bunch of silk thread i different shades
of karamel-brown tones
FROM FRANCE - yeahh



here´s a closeup of the thread.
There were lots of them and I got them all
for almost nothing.
Think I´m going to put some up for sale
too, if someone would be interested.



some tattered silver plates
and a cool round silver 'something'.
I have no idea what it have been used for. There´s a little
round ring on the top, so it might have been hanging or something...


old worn books (I see some journals coming up here)
a rusty hinge and some cool
oil sprayers


and this

a hole bunch of old letters from about 1908 and forward
They were laying in a drawer in an old cupboard
in one of the barns, and the owner didn´t knew they
were there, so I got them all for almost nothing


these are all letters to a Miss Ada Svensson
following her life as a maiden and served different families
all over sweden up to her mariage and forward.


There were even a
cabinet card in one of the letters - of her fiancé I think
from ready what I could from the letter inside.

How cool is that.
Some will be for display,
some will be used in artwork.
I think I might have someone to have a look
at them before I pull anyhing apart though.

Wishing you all a beautiful sunday
my sweet friends.

Tina ♥♥♥

11 comments:

Megan Chamberlain said...

Hi Tina, Your finds look amazing, I wish I could find such lovely stuff but I think here in the UK it has all been brought already.
I would be interested in the thread if you do decide to sell any of it.

Vintage Market Place said...

wow what a find in those letters!!!
What history.
So glad you were able to have a little fun in finding your favorite antique shop.
Amy

Karen B. said...

Sweet Tina,

love all your findings but the letters are amazing!!! I would love to be able to read them!!
Have a wonderful week ..
hugs and love

Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Petite Michelle Louise said...

what beautiful finds tina! i especially love the letters. how sweet.

Lara said...

How beautiful! I love the letters!

Lynn said...

So many treats, and I just love the threads :) Sorry your little trip didn't work out as planned Tina, sometimes mother nature just get's in our way...

Paula said...

Hello sweet Tina, I am so glad you found so many beautiful things on your trip to Sweden! Everything is lovely and the letters are a treasure! Have a beautiful week! Love, Paula

Miss Sandy said...

Oh my goodness, you found some really great items! I love that you got so many special treasures at a bargain, those letters must be wonderful to read too! Hey, they would make great blog posts I bet.

Jillayne said...

You found some wonderful little treasures Tina - so nice considering the rest of your trip!
The threads look wonderful and I would be interested in buying some if you decide to sell any.

Boxwood Cottage said...

Wow Tina you saved the best for last! That letter bundle is just awesome! That could be an authentic story for a book or a movie! It reminds me of the servants stories from around 1900 that I so love watching in BBC tv series although that this is a story from Sweden and not from England. My tip is to read them all first if you can read swedish that is and COPY them all before pulling them apart!
Congrats on this great find!
xoxo~ Carola

suziqu's thread works said...

These finds were definitely the up side to your Sweden trip. They are all fantastic especially love the letters too.
xxSuzy