Thursday, 26 April 2012

It turned out to be a short vacation

I´m back from my vacation in Sweden.
It went well
we just thought we would go home before time.....
yeah right...

the true storie is



it was a bit rain - it poured actually, but we knew
it would and were prepared, so that wasn´t a problem.
We also knew there were a slightly problem with the electricity,
nothing that couldn´t be fixed with a extension cord.

not so slightly after all - no light in the bathroom, and in the bedroom
no heat on the radiators (thank good there were an extra heater)
the fire alarms that went on for no reason
no hot water in the kitchen - all of this wasn´t really a problem that
couldn´t be fixed with more extension cords and the hot water from the bathroom



see - the thing is...
I really like nature - I really do.
I just like nature best, when nature stays outside, where
nature belongs.
So when the mouse started to run in the wall and all over the
the ceiling and a bat came into the house
and I didn´t get much any sleep, hubby though it
was best if he drowe me back home.

needless to say I didn´t complete much


A little embroidery was all.
I´ve been working on this little sampler
after we got home too.

I also got to do some junking - I´ll show you
the goodies in another post.

***

There´s still time to sign up
for my giveaway

I´ll draw a winner on saturday.

Thank you so much for visiting today
and I wish you all a beautiful day

Tina ♥♥♥ 

12 comments:

Lululiz said...

Oh Tina, how very disappointing for you. I really can sympathise after the problems we had here at the cottage after the very hard winter. Heating is fixed now and boy, do we need it, lol, its been raining on and off for the last couple of weeks, I am looking out at a very grey and dripping sky, and it is so misty, I can't see further than the end of the garden. At least the two wild cats we seem to have acquired in the barn and bread oven keep the wildlife at bay. I hope that now that you are back in civilisation you can create to your heart's content. Wishing you a warm, mice and bat free happy crafting weekend! xx

Lynn said...

Sorry your plans for a peaceful time didn't go well. I am sure I would want to come home too.
Love your beautiful embroidery :)

Vintage Market Place said...

OH TINA!!
I am with you, no unwanted guests allowed, lol

Glad you are safe and sound.
Your sampler looks adorable.
I dream of sitting one day and just losing my self in a little project again.
Amy

Paula said...

Sweet Tina, I am so sorry my friend! What an awful experience to go through! Your vacation plans sounded wonderful and I am sad for you that you had to endure such a disappointment! I love your little sampler and I am glad you did get to do some junking! Take good care and I hope you have a very lovely day and upcoming weekend! Love, Paula xo

time worn interiors said...

Oh no! You poor thing! Sorry about all the mishaps. Hope all is well now that you are at home!
tot

Mary Ellen said...

So sorry to hear of your vacation mishaps. I think in a few years this will be one of those stories that you will be sharing with friends and laughing at.. Unfortunately right now you would just like to have had a great time!

bee blessed
mary

Kath said...

oh, so sorry Tina...I agree, nature is best outside, esp those creepy, crawling and flying things! ugh!

Blessed Serendipity said...

You will never forget this trip Tina. That is a lovely little sampler you are working on.

xo,
Danielle

Boxwood Cottage said...

I think you did right by coming back home sweet Tina. I would not like mice and bats in my vacation cottage either.
Now you can enjoy the luxury of heat in every room and hot water again :)
Love your embroidery!
xoxo~Carola

Miss Sandy said...

Oh no, I am so sorry your trip was trapped with trouble! Like you, I love nature but I too prefer it stays out of doors unless it is a pretty bloom. Hope you have recovered from your vacation!

Jillayne said...

Just catching up with your posts Tina, after spending a week with a friend. How awful to read of how expectant and happy you were about your little trip and then to have it turn out so badly! It looks like it would be the perfect place to sit and make snippets all day long and I'm sad to think it never worked out that way at all for you.
And your snippets are indeed gorgeous!

oldgreymare said...

Oh dear, that's just awful.. All I have is one wee mouse in the garage. I would not have slept either. I'm sorry your vacation was not wonderful albeit memorable <3
Your cones and garlands are delightful, but then you always do exquisite work.
<3
z