Friday, 16 March 2012

Making Little Books

Hello Friends
and Happy Friday
on this beautiful sunny day
as it is over here just now.

The last week I have been working on little altered books


Making experiments...
I have wanted for so long, so work more with books
and have decided this should be the year of books and bears
How does that sound - lol


some of these have lace pages - all decorated
some have paper pages - all ready for notes


This is the front cover of one with note pages.
The decoration is a vintage photo slide with a sweet
fabric photo behind. An old cufflinks and lots fabric and lace


you can see a peek of the pages here


experimenting with the binding too
I want to use different techniques with these
more about that in later posts


here´s another peek of a front cover
using a lid from an old rusty tin found at a flea



using some of the good stuff.
Lots of lace pieces
and some of my french fabric too


a look at the pages from the side


Stacking up in the corner of my table.
Some will be in the shop too.

I hope I´m not tiring you with my book stuff.

Wishing you all a beautiful day

Tina ♥♥♥

13 comments:

Gail said...

Tina,
They're so stunning! I've never tried to make a book with fabric like that but I can see it possibly in my future because they're so pretty!

Cyndi said...

Love the look of these books. I can see making one with all the embellishments but leaving space on each page for the owner to add something personal. Perfect for a little girls treasures..or even a big girl

Vintage Market Place said...

They are so pretty. Little works of art for sure!
I would almost not want to use them because they are so pretty:)

nelly said...

Здравей Тина, книгите ти са страхотни. Обичам тези дантелени страници.Поздрави и слънчев и усмихнат уикенд.

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Tina, I love your little altered books, they are just beautiful. Your very talented.
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Rhonda said...

Beautiful fabric books like yours are so special. You work your magic hands and they will certainly be special to the new owner.

Your work is truly gorgeous, Tina.

@nne said...

how romantic! have a nice weekend, @nne

Sugar Lump Studios said...

these are just lovely Tina! So many gorgeous details and lovely laces!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

DeeJae (Deb) said...

These are beautiful, so beautiful to look at. The textures and layers must be so wonderful in person. I especially love the pieces of crochet. :-)

Wanda said...

Hi Tina Just popped over from Pinterest to see your charming books. Love them.

Petite Michelle Louise said...

oh these are quite lovely tina! i just adore them! ;)

Charlene said...

I took Lisa's class for her book at Paper Cowgirls & it had the same kind of wonderful lace peeking out... LOVE this so much & yours is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!
Charlene