Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Time - An Altered Book

and here it is.
My finished Altered Book.

I originally started out wanting a natures theme on this -
it ended up having lots of birds in it,
I called it 'TIME' - An Altered Book
that makes sense right....  :o)
anyway


Here´s how it looks from the side




it shows some of the details
and you can see, I used a piece of drift wood
on the edge of the front.

the rest of the pages



I used some very cool drawings from an old book,
there´s lace pieces in there too,
and old watch parts

I´m really happy about how this page turned out
with the old bottle cap 


The front and back is made from an old book
found at the flea - I love the old worn and tattered look.
On top a vintage keyhole and an old watch case
with a sweet vintage lady inside.



the back is decorated with a piece of lace
ans an old cabinet card with sweet children.
Could you tell, they loved to be photographed.



another peek of the pages.
This was SO much fun to make
and definitely not the last one I made this way.
It´s such a great way to use all those
odd finds I collect at the fleas.

This will be in the shop later today.

Thank you so much for popping in today
and wishing you all a wonderful day.

Tina ♥♥♥

21 comments:

babyjane said...

Absolutely stunning, Tina! I adore every thing about it! I wish I could hold it in my hand, seeing all the textures! Bravo!!!

Karen B. said...

Dear Tina,
your book turned out so beautiful!!
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Tiedupmemories said...

Beautiful work Tina!

Beth Leintz said...

Just beautiful and so inspiring as always!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Absolutely gorgeous,dear Tina.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Marie

MaygreenFairies said...

Tina!!! Just beautiful.. I adore all the lace and time worn look, it makes me want to reach out and flick through it... gorgeous! x

Robin said...

What a beautiful book Tina! Have a great day.

Hugs,
Robin

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

Wow, I love this. It is just fabulous. The drawings are very cool, a very unique book.
Hugs Jackie

Zuzu said...

It's gorgeous, Tina! So many beautiful details. :)
Hope you have a lovely week!
~ Zuzu

Petite Michelle Louise said...

it turned out just beautifully! so many f]delightful details! ;)

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

The book turned out fabulous, dear Tina! I can imagine that you had a lot of fun creating it.
Have a lovely day!
Hugs,
Julia

sonya said...

Tina,
Your little book is just stunning. I love every little bit that you added to it. The images are fabulous. So much detail,love it!
Hugs,
Sonya

Michele Seraphim said...

It's fabulous!

Jan Hennings said...

Gorgeous and love all the amazing detail!

Rhonda said...

Tina, this book is absolutely STUNNING. Each detail is more beautiful than the next.

time worn interiors said...

Oh my! The book turned out amazing! I love it!

tot

Alisa Noble said...

You've done a fantastic job on this one, Tina! I think it's my favorite.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow, this is an amazing piece. all the details are just awesome! thank you for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Jensters said...

Truly amazing Tina....i love this.

Lisa said...

Tina,
This is wonderful! Every bit of it, lovely. Good luck at the show in London.
Lisa

Belladonna said...

Your art have left me breathless, just stunning!