Sunday, 22 January 2012

My Old Suitcase

I want to start this post by thanking all of you
who commented on my little blue bear.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

I haven´t been able to get back to you to thank you personally
I´m having SO much trouble with my internet connection
these last two weeks - on and off all the time - mostly off....
They´re going to look into it tomorrow, so cross my fingers

anyway

during last summers junk hunting
I finally came across an old suitcase



not easy to find over here, and when I do
they´re quite expensive, so I was so lucky to get this
one for a very decent price.



it´s an old one
and it also smelled like one - urrgghh :o)


it´s taking me some time to find out how to rit of that old smell


but after experimenting with some radol
and some methylated spirit
I think it have worked




so now my old suitcase
containes my mohair stock for the bears


here´s a peek of some pretty colors
for some upcoming little ones


I´m still working on the bears for Hugglets
making decent progress
and have planned a little update with a few new bears
on my website end January.

More about the bears later.

Wishing you all a wonderful sunday

Tina ♥♥♥

6 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Tina! Love your suitcase and sorry to hear about your computer! I had some of the same issues and worried that my hard drive was dying. My dh, who knows computers, helped me back up my data so I didn't lose everything (I was in a panic!)
But it was still running extremely slow and was so annoying!
Then he told me to close out of my operating system (Safari) and to start it again....it worked like a charm and now my connection is so fast again, thank goodness.
I wish you luck with yours my friend! It's not fun having computer problems.....:(

babyjane said...

Oh... what a lovely old suitcase. I ADORE them... can't stop collecting them... I can't wait to see what you do with yours... Your bears are the sweetest things ever! Happy creating...

Vintage Market Place said...

Cool Case Tina.
I know how you feel, vintage cases are rare in this part of my world too and are very expensive when found in antique shops.
I miss the days of getting them for a $1 back home :(
Good luck with your bears
Amy

Suz said...

That is a great suitcase, Tina.
Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I will make it through this, with the help of faith and my friends!
Big hugs,
Suz

Polly said...

vintage suitcases are the best!! great for storage and they look good too! and they are getting sooooo hard to find! glad you came across one!!

Charlene said...

LOVE the new "OLD" suitcase. I just bought the most beautiful 3 piece set of Lady Baltimore Luggage & hated the shipping fee from California but, they are so worth it. Now I need to decide if I want to embellish them or leave them just as they are... WHITE with the most divine blue (turning lavender) linning. Charlene