Thursday, 2 June 2011

Peaceful days in Sweden

Home again
from some very peaceful days in Sweden

we drove up monday morning
miles and miles into the swedish woods
in the middle of nowhere
and this was the sight that meet us
when we arrived to our rented house.

See those two car tracks...
that was the way to the house
through the cow field



Our sweet little red house
for the next 3 days


This is the back of the house
with the porch


and this is the sight from the porch

isn´t this the most breathtaking view.
This is where I spend my days
while hubby was kayaking and fishing


spending some time reading magazines


some time knitting something speciel
for a speciel one


and a lot of reading


We only left the house to go grocery shopping.

On one of those trips we found
a farm with new and old stuff.
Almost like a kind of flea market
so I did get some goodies with me home


some wonderful old photos
and a few old coin purses


old tart tins
wonderful old lace
a bag with old white crochet yarn


and a bunch of wonderful
worn old books.
Can´t wait to create with this.

Wishing you all a wonderful day
Tina ♥♥♥

14 comments:

Amy said...

That looks like the most peaceful vacation ever.
I love the thought of sitting and knitting on a porch in the quiet...
but in reality I would probably be going crazy, I can't sit still for two seconds, lol.
OOO, your treasures are to die for.
Love the little coin purses and the books. I know you will make something amazing with it all.
Amy

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

What a lovely place to vacation. Sounds like a nice peacful time. You did find some great treasures. I love vintage photos and the old books are fabulous.

Hugs,Jackie

WindandHoney said...

It sounds like a wonderful time and place. Thanks for letting me live it vicariously.

Lululiz said...

What a wonderful break for you. The little house looks so romantic and the view, well, thats just stunning. AND you found lots of fantastic treasures to take home as well. Sounds like the perfect holiday to me.

Jan said...

What a beautiful place to spend a few days! So peaceful!

Shirley said...

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. Your view was beautiful. It looked so relaxing and inviting. Old books I love them. I would probably sit on the porch and embroidery. I am hoping when I get this typed I will get to leave it. I have stopped by and did a lot of reading in blog land. Have a great weekend. Your Missouri Friend.

Old Paper Roses said...

Wow, Tina...what wonderful treasures you found!
Love the old books.
The house you rented looks so lovely, and the country too.
Have a nice weekend.
♥Michelle

Katy Cameron said...

Looks like a wonderful place to have a holiday, luck you!

Monica@The White Bench said...

Hi Tina,
... Oh what gorgeous finds! A farm selling those treasures? It must be so interesting to look at ;)
I remember with pleasure my visit to Sweden (Hven) when I was in Denmark... it was such a fabulous holiday that I want to come back!!! Back then I didn't look for flea markets/thrift shops etc, now I'd have to go with an empty luggage ;)
Thanks for visiting me and leaving lovely words!
Sending hugs,
Monica xo
P.S Looove your creations :)

suziqu's thread works said...

What a gorgeous hideaway on the water! I have a husband too that loves loves kayaking! To sit, rest and read - just how pleasurable and
to come home with some little treasures! Life doesn't get much better than this!
Suzy xx

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Tina,
sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and got some relaxing time.Great treasures you found!!
Thank you for the tip with the comments:)Have a lovely Sunday and welcome back.
Hugs,
Marie

bikim said...

gorgeous your photos!
♥♥
Happy week,
Rosa

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi, dear Tina, what a wonderful and relaxing vacation you had. It's great that you found those great treasures. I know you will create gorgeous things using them. Isn't it always fun to bring something home from a trip?
Hugs to you,
Julia

Paula said...

Dear Tina,

What a gorgeous place to vacation in! I am so happy you had a nice and relaxing time! The magazines look so pretty and your knitting is beautiful!!! The books look great too! I love to read! I am so happy you found the farm and so many pretties to bring home and create with! Thank you for sharing sweetie! I look forward to seeing all you will create with them!

Love and hugs,
Paula