Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Finds from a rainy day

Hello Sweet Friends

Remember I promised to show you
the finds I got at that rainy junk hunting day with our friends.
So here goes...



two glass flower frogs - how cool are they.
Isn´t it funny how things I have never seen before over here
are started to show up.
Wooden ends from a curtain rail.
Silver milk and sugar bowls.
lace, silver spoons, tiny bells and an old book.



Here´s a close up of the lace piece and
the silver spoons. See that spoon with the holes...
I have no idea what it has been used for -
does any one know? 


These tiny bells are for the bears


a pale pink lampshade


and these awesome little ones.
Aren´t they funny.
I have planned to remove the fabric and turn them
into little hangers for display of tiny stuff


More lace.
I just can´t resist when I see some.
A tarnished silver tray
(already turned into this)
and a sweet little photobook to alter


and then these...
How cool are they...
It wasn´t even me who saw them.
Our male friend was wandering around looking for stuff for me
as he think it´s kind of cool and by accindent
found these old worn coffee filters and brought them to me.
I LOVE them.
Can´t wait to create with these.

I went hunting last sunday too :o)
More finds to show you - yeaahhh.

Wishing you all a wonderful day
Tina ♥♥♥ 

16 comments:

Dragonfly Creations said...

Hi Tina
Seems like you have a strange man commenting on your blog!The spam blocker is obviously not working.
Love all your finds. The flower frogs are so hard to find, they make wonderful scissor holders. Unfortunately I have so many different pairs of scissors mine is always full because I also add my various sewing tools!
Hope to see you in September in London?
regards
Wendy

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your finds are wonderful! i love to go junk hunting. my hubby thinks i am funny (but comes along to bring me). at least all around blogland, there are people like me!

Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Tina ~
Those are just wonderful treasures that you found!
I just love your style!

JDConwell said...

Jealousy is a base emotion, I know this. But wow. I'm jealous of all your wonderful finds. :~) And you should NEVER turn down lace when you find it.

Jillayne said...

What a great haul! You certainly found some treasures Tina, especially those coffee filters. I am intrigued to see what you come up with...

sonya said...

Oh what treasures, Tina! I love all the lace of course. But those old coffee filters? Wow! They would make GREAT tussie mussies. Don't you think? :) Fantastic finds. I enjoyed seeing them.
Hugs,
Sonya

Rhonda said...

I am always convinced when you find treasures, as yours, they were meant to be yours.

I love the silver tray, lovely idea. I cannot wait to see what you do with the old coffee filters, they are unique, Tina.


Best wishes, Rhonda

Petite Michelle Louise said...

such lovely treasures tina! I especially love those petite lamp shades! as for the spoon..i believe it is called a Gravy Spoon?

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

What a successful treasure hunt, dear Tina! I love all your finds, especially the spoons and the lampshades. I'm not sure about that one spoon but it could be a sugar sifting spoon. How wonderful that your friend found those coffee filters. I've never seen such ones before and I know you'll come up with some great ideas to transform them.
Have a lovely day!
Hugs,
Julia

Lululiz said...

Wonderful finds, Tina. I agree with Julia, the spoon is a sugar sifter, so pretty.

Paula said...

Dear sweet Tina,

I love all of your beautiful finds and the beautiful photos you took of them! I am so glad you found so many pretty things that you love and will enjoy creating with! The little bells will be so sweet on your bears! I look forward to seeing your latest finds!
Wishing you a wonderful day too! Love and hugs from your friend, Paula

Nancy Maxwell James said...

I always love seeing what you will create with the treasures you find! everything is so sweet!

Maggie said...

Så mange herlige skatter du har funnet. Jeg visste ikke at disse blomsterholderne ble kalt "flower frogs". Jeg har flere selv og de er fantastiske å bruke :)

Maggie said...

Så mange herlige skatter du har funnet. Jeg visste ikke at disse blomsterholderne ble kalt "flower frogs". Jeg har flere selv og de er fantastiske å bruke :)

Dorthe said...

Tina, you was truly lucky-
I love the idea with the old shades, -and your coffee filters are wonderful.
Wish you a lovely week-end, dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

The Rustic Victorian said...

How fun, what treasures, you have a great place to go there!

Marcie