Monday, 6 June 2011

Creating with My New Finds

Remember the old books I found in Sweden


I scanned some of the frontpages
and had fun making little
Bookmark Tags


some Natures Inspired
with stamped Bird and Nest images 


and some French Inspired


using a little piece of vintage lace
and muslin with stamped French Themes images.


I think they would be pretty as bookmarks, tags
or in a handmade journal.

I do have plans with the real books though.
Just haven´t had time to get around that.

I´ve also been playing with
one of the old coin purses I found at the same time



The little brown one have got some lace on the front


teadyed seambinding, teadyed lace



an old key
a doily
and a sweet little nest inside


a bit of wire added as hanger


and here´s the finished result.
A sweet little wall hanger decoration.
Will be in the shop later.

*******************

I´m going to show you
a one to one little petite box swap
I did with my friend Lyn.
She haven´t received her box yet, as the Canadian Postworkers
is having a strike, so I´m going to wait until next post
and hope she gets her soon.

Oh
and almost 600 followers I see.
How amazing is that
That means I´m going to start working on a giveaway soon

Thank you so much for visiting today
You all means so much to me.

Wishing you all a wonderful day
Tina ♥♥♥

18 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Tina - looks like you have been having fun with those beautiful old books! The book marks have turned out well and yes would really suit a handmade journal!
What a transformation with the purse - a very sweet nest for a bird. It would look wonderful hanging outside my kitchen actually where the Thrushes breed in Spring.
Hugs to you friend,
Suzy

Lululiz said...

Tina, I just love what you have done with the little purse, it looks gorgeous!

Vicki said...

Tina I am in love with those old books. The covers are just amazing. I love the tags you have made. So glad you scanned them so that they can be used over and over. The coin purse in lace is perfection too. What a darling wall hanging.

Janine said...

hi Tina, what great things you made with your books and purse, you are so gifted, I like them a lot! Bst wishes from janine

Lynn said...

Oh Tina, what a beautiful wall hanging, very creative, and I love the bookmarks too, I have a thing for bookmarks :)
I think my package will arrive today, the strike is not affecting Ontario yet. Will let you know ok?

The French Bear said...

Tina, your work is always so beautiful and makes me want to create something.....you make magic with your lovely works of art!
Hugs,
Margaret B

sonya said...

Hi Tina,
I love old books! And your bookmarks are great! The coin purse turned out so adorable. Your creations always are.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Sonya

cheryl kuhn said...

simply magical!!!!

Petite Michelle Louise said...

i always love seeing what you create with old books and spines. these newest creations are just gorgeous tina! And that change purse..oh my....j'adore! :)

Amy said...

it is all so beautiful!
I love how delicate each item looks and that coin purse, WOW! Amazing!
Amy

FarfallaDK said...

Ah, I love what you did to the purse.
It looks amazing!
The bookmark tags are lovely too. What a good idea!

XO FarfallaDK

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

The tags you made from those beautiful old books are fabulous and the coin purse is so pretty. Love it.

Hugs,Jackie

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Your purse turned out just beautiful and makes such a sweet bird's nest, dear Tina! I also love your pretty bookmarks.
Have a wonderful day :-)!
Hugs to you,
Julia

Hope said...

Just stunning!
XO~Hope

Diane said...

Oh Tina, these are just so beautiful!! What is it about old books that are so soft and appealing!
They just don't make them like that anymore. And the tiny little purse...striking!
Hugs, Diane

Celestial Charms said...

Hi Tina,
Such beautiful bookmark/tags. How very talented you are! So pretty.
Maureen

Xela said...

Your bag is sooooooooo fantastic Tina! I love it!!!
Hugs Alexandra

Paula said...

Dear Tina,

I love the old books you found in Sweden and the tags you made! The lace and stamps are beautiful! The cabinet cards and coin purses are lovely! I love the altered coin purse! The laces, ribbon, key, doily, nest and rhinestone are all so pretty! You are a very gifted and talented artist! Your photos are gorgeous too!

Love and hugs, Paula