Saturday, 28 May 2011

A Purse Collage and a Vacation coming up

Hi All

Remember the
'ad more colors to the creations'
project...

Here´s another one
where I have tryed to incorporate some colors.
Still not that easy for me...



as always I used one of my vintage book covers as base
and added some layers of fabric, lace
and a beautiful fabric piece in golden and brown tones


some time ago I got my hands
an a little well worn coin purse
and though it was perfect for this collage.

here´s few close ups of the purse



I tugged in a sweet little german doll
along with some tea dyed cheesecloth


and here´s is how it turned out.
With more vintage lace pieces
and sweet vintage buttons


Vacation is coming up - yeaahh
I have the next two weeks off from work
and we have decided to take a little trip
to Sweden leaving this monday.

This is going to be so great.
It´s all about relaxation.
We haven´t planned a thing
just going to see what comes up
(I might be lucky to find a few 'loppis' though)
Fleamarkets you know ;-)

So
If you don´t 'see´me around the next week
you know why

Thank you so much for popping in today
and I wish you all the most beautiful weekend

Tina ♥♥♥

23 comments:

sissie said...

This is so sweet. I love the little vintage coin purse, so sweet. It's beautiful the way you have combined all of the elements.

Have fun on your "relaxation" trip.

hugs
Sissie

Ying Pang, said...

Hello Tina,
Your creation is always great, I love it!.
I love your cheesecloth, may I know where did you purchase it? I wish to buy some too for my cardmaking. Thank you very much.
Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Hugs,
Ying

Kays Kids said...

I love your collage' the different textures look so good together. If you are like me you wonder who had that beautiful little purse.

Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Tina ~
That is so beautiful and precious!!

Have a wonderful vacation!

xoxo
Lori

Vicki said...

That little coin purse has the perfect amount of wear. I can see why you built your lovely collage around it. Enjoy your two weeks off. We'll miss you!

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

You do a perfect job incorporating soft muted colors into your white design. The result is beautiful.

cheryl kuhn said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and cannot wait to hear all about it. Love the latest piece, so very pretty!!!

Dragonfly Creations said...

Enjoy your break and hope you find lots of wonderful things. Safe journeying

sonya said...

Hi Tina,
I love the coin purse you used-it's perfect.
Have a wonderful time in Sweden. We will be here when you get back.:)
Hugs,
Sonya

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

This is a beautiful collage, love the old coin purse. Have a great vacation in Sweden!

Hugs
Jackie

Lisa said...

I am always amazed at your fabulous work ... simply lovely ♥

Gail Thayer said...

Tina,
Stunning, really! Love your artwork...:).
I do hope you have a safe and relaxing vacation, it sounds wonderful.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

It's gorgeous, dear Tina! I love the charlotte doll in the coin purse which was a great find. I've never seen one here yet. I guess the purses get thrown away, especially when they have that wonderful used look. What a shame!
Enjoy your trip to Sweden! It's so lovely there.
Hugs to you,
Julia

Angela Weimer said...

Such a beautiful project. Thanks for sharing it and have a great time on vacation. Angela

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Beautiful creation Tina!! Have a wonderful vacation in Sweden!

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Tina,

It is always a delight to come visit you here.
I really love your newest creation!!

I wish you a wonderful and relaxing vacation dear lady!!

Love and hugs,

susan

Dorthe said...

A beautiful collage, Tina- I love the mini purce, you added-
Wishes you a perfect and wonderful hollyday, sweet friend.
Hugs,Dorthe

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Tina,
love your new creation, so beautiful! Have a wonderful vacation.
Hugs,
Marie

FarfallaDK said...

Oh, your collage is so lovely.
Always you make so beautiful creations, Tina!

Have a very nice holiday in Sweden!

Marianne@Songbird said...

What a wonderful collage. And funny that you are trying to incorporate more color in your work. I was just planning on getting rid of a lot of color in my craftroom :-)
Have a wonderful time in Sweden. I just returned from there (did a post on it today), so I can imagine perfectly how wonderful your vacation is going to be.

bikim said...

so pretty your blog and the things you do!
°º✿happy June!!!!º° ✿♥
Rosa

@nne said...

a beautiful creation! have a nice evening, @nne

Nina said...

Love it as always! Happy vacation!