Sunday, 1 May 2011

Back Home

Hi All

I´m back from a wonderful vacation in Amsterdam.
We were so lucky to have the wonderful
spring weather.

Here´s a few word pictures from our trip




when looking through the photos I took after I got back
I realized there wasn´t a lot of city pictures...
I hope it´s give you an idea anyway.


tulips at the flower market


love the bright colors on these.
Also from the flower market.


Amsterdam is a great cyckling city.
How about this bike - pretty huh....

These next photos are from the Vondel Park
A big beautiful park in the middle of the city



see these tiny pink leaves on the ground


and pretty faded hydrangeas

Near the hotel was this wonderful shop


all filled with vintage clothes and stuff from 1958
There were so many wonderful things - quite expensive though


and now you may think - how about the flea market...
oh - that wasn´t a flea market. It was a market with
mostly weird cloth and bags and stuff. I didn´t even get a photo.
That was quite disappointing - so no finds for me this time.



Remeber the journal stuff I took with me..


Here´s the start of a journal cover.
I did get some sewing time too and
are really enjoying the progress on this.
With no plans and just using what I have in hand


the front is finished and I have started on
the back as you can see.
We´ll see where this is heading..

Going to finish some projects
and then start on some new bears.
Have some new ideas I would like
to work on.

Wishing you all a wonderful sunday.
Missed you all
and are glad to be back :o)

Tina ♥♥♥

15 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Welcome back Tina!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful
photos! Your Journal looks wonderful. Have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Tina ~
It looks so beautiful there!
I love the bicycle with the flowers ~ that would be so fun to ride around :)
Your journal is awesome!!

xoxo
Lori

Diane said...

It sounds wonderful, Tina. Did you do a lot of walking? I love walking vacations with my camera.
Welcome back!
Hugs, Diane

Katy Cameron said...

Looks like a fun trip :o)

FarfallaDK said...

Velkommen hjem.
Skønne billeder fra Amsterdam.
Dejligt at det var en god ferie.

Dit cover er virkelig yndigt!

Varme hilsner fra FarfallaDK

Terri said...

I have heard Amsterdam is lovely, and I have been wanting to go! I am glad to see your post and get a feel for it. Your hand sewn journal cover is fab! I would have taken a project on the trip too!
Hugs,
Terri

Vicki said...

I do hope you enjoyed your vacation. I really love where that journal cover is heading. I think I need to start taking small projects with me on vacation.

Jillayne said...

Welcome back Tina!
Looks like you had a great holiday even if you didn't find any special treasures. And your journal cover is looking wonderful as well Tina - charming!

Paula said...

Hi sweet Tina,

I am so glad you had a wonderful vacation in Amsterdam and enjoyed wonderful spring weather too! Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous photos! What a beautiful place to visit! I love the canal with the houses along the sides and the architecture is stunning! Oh the tulips are gorgeous!!! The cactus are beautiful and so very colorful too! I love the bike! What fun it would be to cycle around Amsterdam! The Vondel Park is gorgeous as well! I have never seen mushrooms that large! The hydrangeas are lovely.

I love the shop with all of the vintage clothing! Too bad it was so expensive. I am sorry to hear the flea market was not a good one sweetie! Your journal is looking beautiful and I hope you will share more photos as you add to it.

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful vacation photos, I feel like I was able to go on a little vacation too!

I missed you and I am glad you are back home. Have a wonderful week!
Love and hugs, Paula

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I doubt if I'll ever get to Amsterdam, but it sure looks like a place I'd want to see!

janita mantel said...

I am from Amsterdam and live in Dubai. I am homesick when i see your beautiful pictures. I see you loved it there.

Tarnished and Tattered said...

Tina,
Wow, what an amazing place! Too bad there were no great flea markets. I guess then it would have been heaven huh?! Love your journal cover, want to see more.
Lisa

Hope said...

Hi Tina~
Your pictures bring back such beautiful memories of my trip to Amsterdam. I went just for the tulips! We went May 10th, 2000 and flying in was spectacular seeing all the tulip fields.....just like the postcards. Your journals are lovely! Can't wait to mail out your swap....I'm loving that we agreed to do this....I want to reach out to bloggers more in this manner!
XO~Hope

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Tina
Loved the pics of Amsterdam - so nice to get an idea of the city from here in Australia! Your journal cover is simple and sweet - keep it going.
xxx Suzy

AshTreeCottage said...

I love Amsterdam. Have not been there for years and would love to return again. Your journal cover is so pretty!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo