Saturday, 2 April 2011

The Most Certain Sign of Spring

So
Spring is finally here.
Not only do we have a bit higher temperatures and a
beautiful sunny day today
but the most certain sigh of spring is....
The Flea market Season has opened - yeahhh...

I wanted to go to a new one, and asked Hubby
if he would go with me, as I was a bit unsure how to get there
okay - I´ll drive you he said - you´ll get an hour....
but that´s okay and better than nothing
and he knows it´ll give him peace for the rest of the weekend  



Here´s what I manage to pick up in my one-hour-flea-market trip
A bunch of old book Always drawn to them.



A wonderful big one filled with natures drawings in black
A music book
A fun childrens book - from primary class signed 1956
in FRENCH
and a old danish Fairy Tale book



a few with some awesome fonts
and a very beautiful pale green with gold
Selma Lagerlöf novel book


two photo albums filled with
black and white photos


aren´t they having a party....

so
half my time was gone
needed to hurry now


two pieces of linen with crochet edges
and a bag of white ball of yarns
there´s even an unfinished crochet piece in there


and a bunch of lace, trims and more crochet panels


here´s some details close up



How cool is that.
Definitely need to visit this place again soon

Next week Hubbys favorite Flea Market opens

Even though my favorite season of the year is fall
I think I really like spring too...

Wishing you all the most beautiful weekend
Tina ♥♥♥

15 comments:

Robin said...

You made quite the find in just one hour!! Love the lace and trims Tina. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Wow Tina, you did
really great finding
wonderful things!!
I love all of the books
and wonderful laces ~

xoxo
Lori

Katy Cameron said...

Great finds. On of my easter holiday plans is to find some kind of antique market

Vicki said...

So glad the market has finally opened for you! Love your finds. Books and lace are a favorite..never pass them up.

cheryl kuhn said...

what wonderful finds, I cannot wait for the weather to get nice here too!!

Dragonfly Creations said...

Tina,
What amazing finds, so miss the brocante markets in France. Just don't find those kind of items in the UK. Will have to start making weekend trips!
enjoy the rest of your weekend,
regards
Wendy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

What beautiful finds,Tina.TFS.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Lynn said...

Lucky girl, lot's of wonderful treasure for you to play with. I hope the flea markets start here soon, although we don't have many, it is still nice to go look :)

Jensters said...

How lucky to find such wonderful stash.

Beth Leintz said...

Yeah for flea markets- you got some great stuff!

Hope said...

Hi Tina~

I just love a good flea market! You found great stuff. I did not get your email about the swap....I have been computer challenged lately.
XO~Hope

Paula said...

Hello sweet Tina! I am so glad spring has arrived and you are enjoying sunny weather! How wonderful it is flea market season too! I am impressed with all the pretties you found in an hour! I love all of the old books you found. The nature drawings are wonderful and you found lots of pretty books to enjoy! The old photos are lovely too! That is quite a party! The linen with crochet, the yarn, laces, trims and crochets are all so gorgeous! You will have so much fun creating with those sweet friend! Your photos are beautiful as well! I hope your next trip to this place will be as wonderful and your husband will enjoy his favorite flea market too. Thank you for visiting me and for your sweet comment! I love woodpeckers and we have them at our feeders often. I do wish you had hummingbirds there, I am thinking the climate must be too cold. I have taken some photos of our little hummer and will share them soon! Have a beautiful week dear friend! Love and hugs, Paula

P.S. I am enjoying Felicia's Cottage so much! xo

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Looks like you found some fabulous treasures in 1 hour! I have to drag my hubby when I go places like that also! :) Beautiful finds!

linnea-maria said...

Ah so lovely. Yes it's really time for fleamarket shoping now. I have promised myself to go to auctions this summer. Thats were you do the real bargains. Have a lovely day /Therese

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

You didn't do bad for just one hour, dear Tina! Look at all the yummy laces :-). The books and the photo albums are great finds too.
Hugs to you,
Julia