Friday, 15 April 2011

A Mixed Media Spring Creation

First project from my work table
is this Mixed Media Collage.
I believe you can call it that
as I did mix a few things.... right.

I call it a spring creation too
as the main color in this is pale green.
It´s kind of hard to see in the photos
but is IS pale green


I used an old frame from a photoalbum
found at a flea marked
and a tiny bisque doll with no arms and legs


here´s a closeup of the top


and of the buttom.
Background: an old book cover.
Some silk fabric,
a bit of lace
and vintage buttons too.


Next up is the spines project....

Spring is here again
The weather report says sunny and warm all weekend.
I hope yours will be as beautiful.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend
sweet friends and followers.
Tina ♥♥♥

14 comments:

Lululiz said...

Oh yes, in the last picture I can see the pale green tones, how very lovely!

Ozma of Odds said...

...I call it beaut-i-ful!!
but then again, ALL that your fingers touch are!

xo, Rosemary

fancylinda said...

Very pretty! I am looking forward to seeing what you will do with the book spines.

Vicki said...

This is beautiful. I love the soft green. I have some gorgeous old cabinet cards with beautiful designs. They are in the "good stuff" pile and never get used. I'm thinking it might be time to play. Can't wait for the book spine project. I have a few saved and have layered pieces with lace and such in collage. Love it.

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

I love your new piece with the doll and lace - lovely.

Danielle

Nina said...

So beautiful!

Marianne@Songbird said...

You keep inspriring me to no end, and make me itch to go up in my craft room to create. Oh if only there were more hours in a day and more days in a week.
Thanks for this beautiful piece of art!!!!

Diane said...

Tina, this is really pretty. And inventive - using a book cover! Love it!
Happy spring!
Diane

Robin said...

I absolutely adore this piece Tina! Have a great week.

Hugs,
Robin

Paula said...

Hello sweet Tina,

Your mixed media collage is gorgeous! I love the pale green and all of the pretty laces you used. It is a lovely piece of art! You are so talented sweet friend! I am glad you are having nice spring weather! I hope you have a beautiful week! Love and hugs, Paula

Janine said...

Hi Tiny, it looks beautifull, so great and delicate, my complments. have a great week, kind regards from Janine

Lisa Gatz said...

That is just gorgeous! I'll bet it's even more heavenly in person!

sissie said...

Hi Tina,
I love your pretty creation! The little bisque doll is so precious.

Thanks for sharing. And thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

hugs
Sissie

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

This is absoutely beautiful,Tina!
Hugs,
Marie