Sunday, 24 April 2011

A Canvas Collage and A Vacation Coming Up

Happy Easter Everyone
I hope you all have had some
lovely Easter Holidays.

I have had family visiting
and we have had a great time.

Today is packing day
as a long waited vacation is coming up
but first I wanted to show you
one of the creations I made with the
tiny waxed canvas.



The background is an old cover,
vintage book pages, fabric and lace


at the buttom I added a little metal piece
found at a flea marked
and an old rusty key.
Thought those pieces matched the book page
and the fabric perfect.


Here´s a closer look at the canvas.


more lace
and a bit of cheesecloth too.


The fihished piece.
It´s quite fun with those little canvases.
I made a few more ready for new creations.

******

so

The vacation....

A long waited vacation is just around the corner.
Actually this is the trip we had planned for April last year
but a vulcanic eruption came across and we had to cancel everything.

Now it´s gonna be
and tomorrow morning I´ll be heading here:

Amsterdam

and we´re also going to see this:

Keukenhof

and much more.
5 days of relaxing, excursion
good food and a little wine too.

There´s even a flea market I have been told
EVERY DAY...



Travel Journal in progress

I´ll be out of the studio from tomorrow
until May 1th.

I´ll take lots of photos to show you
when I´m back.

Wishing you all the most beautiful sunday
sweet friends
Thanks for visiting

Tina ♥♥♥

21 comments:

marga said...

Love your collage....so pretty1
So you'r coming to our beautiful Amsterdam, have a good time overhere!
Happy easter

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Tina,
your collage is beautiful as always!Have a wonderful time in Amsterdam and lots of fun at the Flea market:)Happy Easter.
Hugs,
Marie

FarfallaDK said...

Lovely creation!
Your work is always such an inspiration to me.

Have a wonderful trip to Amsterdam!

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Tina
Your little collage is very sweet - love the metal bits too!
Do have a wonderful trip away - a well awaited one by the looks.
Enjoy yourselves!!!
Cheers,
Suzy

Petite Michelle Louise said...

love your newest creation tina . so sweet. have a wonderful time in Amsterdam. it looks lovely!

Robin said...

Happy Easter Tina! Your collage is adorable and your tiny canvas is so sweet as the centerpiece. Enjoy you vacation and those flea markets.

Hugs,
Robin

Paula said...

Hello sweet Tina,

Happy Easter dear friend! I am so glad you have had family visiting and a great time too! Your waxed canvas is so pretty and the collage you made with it is beautiful! You are very creative! I hope you have a wonderful and fun vacation! Amsterdam looks so beautiful and those tulips are gorgeous! I look forward to seeing all of your photos! Enjoy the flea market too! I hope you find lots of pretties to use in your beautiful creations! Your travel journal looks wonderful! I hope you will share more of it too! xo Have a beautiful Easter! Love and hugs, Paula

Rebecca said...

Oh Sweetie, Easter blessings to you and have a beautiful time on your vacation. Safe travels and God's speed.
Blessings
Rebecca

sonya said...

Hi Tina,
Have a wonderful vacation in Amsterdam! I can't wait to see the photos when you get back.
Your collage is beautiful-of course.:)
Have a blessed Easter.
Hugs,
Sonya

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Happy Easter to you. Your collage is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation. I am looking forward to some photos of those beautiful tulips and what you find at the flea.

blessings,
Danielle

Allabear said...

Нi Tina,
Your collage is beautiful! Lovely
Your work! Happy Easter to you!
Have a wonderful trip to Amsterdam!
Hugs, Alla

Alisa said...

Lovely texture on your piece.
Have a wonderful holiday, Tina!

Vicki said...

Happy Easter and safe travels. Sounds wonderful! I love all the elements and textures in this collage. So pretty.

Barbara Jean said...

lovely art work

blessings
barbara jean

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Tina....your collage is just breathtaking!!!! I absolutely love it!! And as for your holiday, I hope you have the most wonderful, relaxing time dear friend ~ thinking of you, hugs and love, Dawn

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Tina,
Your canvas is absolutely beautiful!!! You are so wonderfully talented!
Wishing you a lovely vacation and can't wait to see photos when you come back.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Your collage is beautiful, dear Tina!
A vacation in Amsterdam sounds like a wonderful trip. Flea market every day? You lucky girl :-)! Enjoy your trip!
Hugs to you,
Julia

Old Paper Roses said...

Hello Tina,
Your collage is so very pretty, beautiful with the small canvas!

I hope you are enjoying your vacation, how great to read you are visiting The Netherlands!
Much to see in Amsterdam..
The weather over here is nice so you can enjoy.
Have a great time...
hugs from Michelle (from Holland ;)

carole brungar said...

Hope you had a lovely holiday and are back home safe and sound!
What a lovely blog you have!

Gaby Bee said...

A vacation in Amsterdam sounds like a fabulous trip. Enjoy!

I haven't visited in a while and you've been doing some great works. This collage is absolutely amazing!

Hugs,Gaby

Tarnished and Tattered said...

Wow,
I just really connect with your art Tina. This is awesome! Lisa