Friday, 1 October 2010

Lace, more Lace and creations with Lace

I had some awesome goodies arriving in the studie this last week
and the title of this post might indicate it´s going to be about lace
so
if you´re not into lace you might choose not to read further


here´s what was in one parcel
a wonderful table clothes with crochet squares
more crochet pieces - not sute what those on the right side
have been used for
the white on top is probably a border for a closet
don´t you think


another bunch of wonderful lace in a second parcel
all white and cream colors



and some crochet doilies too



then a bunch of old junk goodies
all rusty and with a little bit of sparkling too



and more goodies
awesome right....

are you still reading....

Now you probably think
what on earth are she going to use this for
it might be okay with the lace
but that old junk....

okay
I´ll show you


this is how my work table looks like right now.

If you look closely you can see that latest flea market find in
top of the photo - that old funny cake stand
now filled with wonderful pieces of the junk goodies
and my collection of my broken rhinestone jewelry pieces too

so

it´s all going to be creations like this one



with layers of bits and pieces and vintage buttons too



this piece is added on top of a canvas
to make a sweet wall hanger decoration



here´s some with a jewelry piece on top
and some cheese clothes and muslin too
The red border on the right hand side, you can see through the lace,
is an old book cover I used and background for this collage



a closeup on one of them


sweet vintage images printed on muslin
surpriced..... :-)



I think this might give you an idea of what the mess on
my working table is about.

Lots more in the making
some with pockets
some for an upcoming swap
some with the old rusty pieces.

If you´re still here you probably like lace as much as I do.
Or at least I hope so

Thanks for visiting today
and wishing you all the most beautiful weekend

Tina ♥♥♥

19 comments:

stefanie said...

everything is just gorgeous...you can never!!! have enough lace and rust!

Petite Michelle Louise said...

always inspiring mon amie...always!

Lululiz said...

Are there really people in this world who don't like lace???
I adore your beautiful creations.

sissie said...

Whenever I see lace my heart skips a beat. I could just drown myself in its loveliness!

Your laces are so pretty and how you apply them to your art is wonderful.

hugs
Sissie

Celestial Charms said...

Lovely lace to look at this Friday afternoon. Very pretty. Have a wonderful weekend.
Maureen

Hope Ellington said...

Hi Tina~
It has been awhile since we swapped together. Your blog looks lovely and your lace is divine. Hope this finds you well.
XO~Hope

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Lace? No, I'm not into lace and so I didn't read any further, ha, ha, ha! You know that I'm kidding and you already got me with the first mentioning of lace in your title, Tina :-)! What an awesome package you have received there. The laces are pretty and I also love all those rusty pieces. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a "lace mess" on the working table :-). Your creations are very beautiful as always!
Have a great weekend, dear friend!
Hugs to you,
Julia

helle - pirettehuset.dk said...

Elsker blonder og kniplinger, kan slet ikke se mig mæt på det. Dine billeder blev rigtig fine!

Hav en god weekend!

Helle

sandra said...

oh my, what an incredibly beautiful post, packed full of your gorgeous creations!!!! The details are amazing...love the shot of your work table....yummy!!!
Hugs,
Sandra

Anna said...

Beautiful!!!
Always love your blog and your bears!
I did a post about your bears...
I hope it's oké with you? if not? please let me know and I will remove it immediatly!

you can find me here
http://artfulldelight.blogspot.com/2010/10/fantastisch-creatief.html

Tiedupmemories said...

Tina,
Wow! What beautiful creations! So pretty! Since I've been making jewelry so much I haven't been crafting at all and I miss it. I love your work! I'm on face book now. I don't have a clue what I'm doing. My kids are pros though. My dog even has a face book! Lol! Happy Sunday!
Tracy

Diane said...

They're beautiful, Tina! You made me smile with your crossed-off word: "junk". ;-)
Hugs, Diane

cheryl kuhn said...

I want to come to your studio and create with you and all those wonderful goodies! It looks like you are having so much fun creating such beautiful pieces!!

Lynn said...

Yes, yes, yes, I love old lace, even new lace just as you do, and I am loving your creative collage work with all the bits and pieces, just beautiful Tina :)

Alisa said...

Gorgeous, Tina! I love all of that texture.

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Tina,
I love all of your gorgeous treasures, just fabulous!!
I can't wait to see all of your new creations!
Have a great day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Little Pink Studio said...

Doesn't everyone love lace?? :)
What beautiful lace you have and such wonderful things you have created! I always love the things you make!
Cerri xo

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Tina your creations are always such a joy to see! Beautiful!

Eileen@Star'sFault said...

Tina, your little lace and fabric collages are darling. I've been working more with textiles than paper lately too, and its so much more satisfying.

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault