Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Beautiful Fall Weather and a Few Creations for Christmas

We have the most wonderful fall weather these days
Kind of Indian summer with lots of sun.
So Sunday we decided to drive up to the north coast for a walk.
It´s only half an hours drive from where I live.



we walked out through the forrest




and back along the beach




a delightful trip that was.

***

Now for something else.
One of the girls in my Cottage Style Etsy group wanted to have a black and white Christmas this year
and we had a little tlak about what could be used and what could be created
and that definately got my head spinning.

and when seing Karlas wondeful Frozen Charlotte Fairy Creation
in the new Somerset Life
that´s was got me into playing with my peatpots again



so here goes:
peatpots painted black
a little lace edging sewn on


and decorated with cheeseclothes,
muslin and sweet vintage images


these little black and white tag decorations
are created from those little photos I got
in the swap with Heidi



I´ve scanned them because I didn´t wanted to use the original ones
and because I didn´t like them to be glossy.
Same photo on both sides and
cheeseclothes sewn in between.


pretty little decorations
for a Black and White Christmas

Thank you so much for peeking in today
Wishing you all a wonderful day

Tina ♥♥♥

20 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

Your black peat pots are just stunning- and I love how you've used the black & white photos. Fun stuff!

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Tina ~ I love your black and white ornaments !!
How sweet !
I have to try the pea pots soon because
they are so cute !

Your photos outside are just beautiful !

xoxo
Lori

Suz said...

Tiny,Love all your ornaments but especially those black peat pots. They are just charming! I need to get some peat pots...but I am not a gardener and I don't see them anywhere. I suppose they would be at a gardening supply huh ;-)...Suz

The English Romantic said...

I love the idea of a black and white Chrismas. Your Peat pots are great, I may have to make some, just white and cream for me!
Smiles, Angela.

Celestial Charms said...

Your peat pots are gorgeous. Love the ornaments too. Beautiful photographs of your journey too!
Have a wonderful week.
Maureen

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

What a beautiful day for a walk along the coast! Gorgeous! I love fall with it's crisp air! Mmmmm....

As always, Tina, your creations are incredible! Love them all! I saw the article on peat pots as well and I'm dying to try my hand at it. And your tags are always the coolest!

Have a great day!
Hugs!
Lori

Lululiz said...

You are so clever, those peat pots are gorgeous.

I love the photograph of the pebbly beach with the figure almost on the horizon. That really appeals to me.

Evi said...

Tina, I love your blog, and since I just learned how to add blogs to my sidebar, your blog will find it's way there.
My goodness, so happy to see that other people see the beauty in just white and black.
Lovely!!!!!!!!
Happy crafting,
Evi
PS. That nature walk looks inviting!

Marianne@Songbird said...

Wow you have started your Christmas decorations already! And such lovely ones. You took inspiration from Karla and ran with it!!

Victorian inn bed and breakfast said...

Oh, really outstanding decoration piece you shared us thanks for this. Well, I am thinking spend New Year to any island but I can’t decide where. Can anyone help me for choosing destination?

Stitching n Shipping said...

Oh my gosh I love your pots and hangers. I find black & worn go very well together! Especially when you add some tea staining. Just scumptious. Thanks for having me today. Tammy

Doreen said...

Such a beautiful area Tina..how wonderful it must be to have that so very close to you!

LOVE your black and white creations..they are just lovely.

hugs, Doreen

Tarnished and Tattered said...

Tina,
Stunning, you have taken peat pots to a whole new level! Love it all! Lisa

Shirley said...

Hi Tina, Your walk looked so much fun. Just being out in the fresh air and away from the noise of the city. We are having beautiful fall weather here. It is cool of a morning and warms up in the afternoon. It is my favorite time of the year. I love the peat pots. It makes for a pretty Christmas that is different from the traditional red and green. Have a wonder day. Your Missouri Friend.

The Feathered Nest said...

I just love ALL of these new creations Tina!!! The black and white are so elegant to me ~ and beautiful for Christmas too :) I love visiting your blog to see the wonderful things you're making, hugs and love, Dawn

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

The peat pots turned out great, Tina! Black hadn't been my color for a lot of years but lately I like a little bit of it here and there.
Have a great weekend :-)!
Hugs to you,
Julia

Rebecca said...

Hi Tina
Everything you do turns into beauty, I wonder what you could do with a sows ear...
You are an inspiration and I love the images you used.
Blessings
Rebecca

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Love your black and white Christmas items Tina! Beautiful beach photos too!

Polly said...

Well aren't those altered peat pots absolutely adorable?!?! Very cute!!

:-)

Polly

cheryl kuhn said...

what lovely photos and even lovelier creations, amazing!!