Sunday, 22 August 2010

Back again

I´m back from a very relaxing vacation in Sweden.
I don´t want to bother you with a lot of photos
but I do have few I would like to share.




one of the days we drove from Gotherburg to the little town Trollhättan
situated at the buttom of the big lake Vänern
there´s lots of locks as they dam up the vater from the lake
to make electricity - anyway


this is how it looks beyond the lock
at a certain time everyday the let the water through


and this is how it looks only 2 minuts after the
opening of the 3 locks


they have the locks open for about 6 minuts and then it´s all over again.
This is how it would look with no locks
amazing huh...


okay - so


we visited the botanical garden too
and here´s a few pics.


these are big water lilies
I have never ever seen anyone that big before


beautiful cabbage


the herb garden




and lots of beautiful and special flowers.

~

back to work on the bears.
Need to finish a few before the fair
and I came back with a long list with new ideas for
other creations too - can´t wait to get started.

Wishing you all a wonderful sunday
and thank you so much for peeking in today

Tina ♥♥♥

14 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Pretty pics, looks ike a great holiday. Good luck with the bears

sissie said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice vacation. The photos of the locks are amazing. Reminds me of the poem, "The Leak In the Dike."

Your garden pics are pretty too.

hugs
Sissie

Celestial Charms said...

So very glad to see you enjoyed your holiday. Those water lilies are amazing. Looking forward to seeing your new bear creations.
Maureen

A Vintage Chic said...

Welcome home, Tina! Looks like you had a lovely trip--Sweden seems so beautiful! That photo of the lock is pretty amazing!

Looking forward to seeing all your new creations!

Julie

Zuzu said...

Welcome home, Tina! Great photos - that last one of the hydrangea is gorgeous!
:)
Zuzu

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Welcome home Tina! Lovely photos! Thank you for sharing!

Heidi said...

Hello Tina!
Love the photos of the locks! incredible! A trip to Sweden would be divine! Can't wait to see your new ideas!
:)Heidi

Steph said...

Hi Tina, what lovely photo's from your holiday in Sweden...those water lily pads are enormous!! I hope you and the bears are coming along nicely! Stephanie.

paru's_circle said...

hi tina, lovely photos of your holiday i dont know if you remember me i sent the atc? well i have a giveaway on my blog

Lana said...

I'm so glad you had a great time Tina! The photos are wonderful and please share more when you have time! :)

Marianne@Songbird said...

Nice to see you back here too! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Sweden is on my wish list too, but my Love is fearful of bad weather in summer. But your pictures have convinced me, I must find a way to get us there....

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

It looks like you had a great vacation, dear Tina. The waterlilies - wow, they are really amazing!
Hugs to you,
Julia

BailiwickStudio said...

Sweden looks like a beautiful place to visit! Perhaps one day... ::Jill

Lori Ann C. said...

Beautiful photos!
Happy stitching!

Lori Ann