Saturday, 17 July 2010

Every Girl Needs

a little bit of lace
don´t you think...

The day before we left Italy, we went to the lokal market
and I was very lucky to find a few booths with trims a lace



these are used for italian curtains
I think they were really pretty
Needed to have some...




if you´re wondering what those cotton threads are doing in there
it´s nose thread for the bears :D

I did had a little bit of lace in my stock already
bought home from Portobello Market in London
and I tell  you - it is a little bit
 because lace and trim are so hard to find in Denmark
and if they do have some at the flea markets
they also know to price it well...

I hate to have to be thrifty
and spare when I create
so I decided I had to go get some more when I got home.

and knowing that it wouldn´t be possible here
I turned to Ebay and was lucky enough to
get a few bags


so these goodies have arrived in the studio




perfect for tea dyeing  too




I do find this very pretty
and think it will be great for some more pockets



now stored in an little suitcase I found in my studio.
Not a pretty suitcase with a pocket in or something
I actually have been using it for bear stuff
but though it would look much more prettier with the lace in.

Oh - I love trims and lace.
just can´t get enough can we...

Wishing you a oh so pretty weekend
Tina ♥♥♥



22 comments:

LENNU said...

I love lace too, very much.
You have a lovely collection of lace. I´m a little bit envy.

A lovely weekend to you Tina.
Hugs, Lennu

Lovey said...

A girl can never have too much lace! I love them all!

Claudia said...

I'm glad you found some lace on ebay - I didn't know it was so hard to find in Denmark. All your laces are lovely.

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

What pretty laces ~ I am really surprised they are hard to find in Denmark too ~ for some reason I just picture it all over there ~

xoxo
Lori

Zuzu said...

I love lace and trims too! Yours are gorgeous!!!
:)
Zuzu

A Vintage Chic said...

Such beautiful laces and trims you've found, Tina....I love it, too, and can't get enough! Can't wait to see all the lovely things you create with it!

Julie

stefanie said...

don't you just love!!! lace!!! yours is gorgeous!

The French Bear said...

Tina, what gorgeous lace you found, man I just love it!!! I can't wait to see what you create....you are soooo talented!
Love your work sweetie!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Ineke van den Akker said...

Oh my goodness! This is so beautiful!

Angela Weimer said...

i love al the love you found. Lace is one of my favourite things in fact I just picked up a bunch this morning in york. No where near as beautiful as yours though. Have a wonderful day. Angela

cindy-todoslosninos.blogspot.com said...

Hi Tina, I'm a blogging friend of Lisa's at Tarnished & Tattered. The gift you sent her was so beautiful. She invited us to check you out. I see that you live in Denmark. My grandmother was born and raised in Denmark then her family moved to Utah when she was a teenager. I am so fascinated with Denmark and everyone that lives there. I want to get to understand everything lovely about Denmark. I love architecture, fabric, design, gardens, furniture, food, colors, and all your lace. Pleace come visit me at cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com

Hugs to You
cindy@stitches

cindy-todoslosninos.blogspot.com said...

Ok, I'm leaving you another comment. I just looked at your gift from Lisa. I screamed, I love her style. She sent me some things for my grandma's room.

I would like to exchange something with you. Would you like to do that? My e-mail in: cindygeilmann@yahoo.com.

Let me know and give me your address.

Big Hugs
Cindy in America at stitches

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

Your lace is so pretty! Sigh. Lace makes me so happy. :)

Diane said...

Me too, Tina! These are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!
Diane

Lenore said...

Beautiful trims that you picked up Tina, and I love the way you've displayed them in that old suitcase.

Robin said...

Such beautiful laces and trims....you're right a girl can't get enough of these!

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Tina, You found quite an amount of lovely laces. That's wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing what you will create with them. I know it will be gorgeous!
Hugs,
Julia

Alisa said...

I agree... every girl should have a little lace! Very pretty!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Hi, Tina,

I think I have lace envy! What a wonderful collection.

You are right about the new studio - I just hung the new curtains, and I'm trying to get it ready for pictures between orders. Thank you for stopping by :-)

Shanna Brooks said...

Gorgeous lace! I am a new follower and a new member of the Bloggerette Society. I am making my rounds to "meet" all of the lovely ladies in the society. I would love for you to visit me @ www.mommiesandbeyond.com

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Oh I am ooing and ahhing over all your beautiful lace! Never enough lace!

Carrie

kecia said...

hello fellow bloggerette! i'm just joining, so am visiting all the blogs and saying hello. your bears are so sweet! they look like little lost puppies that i want to adopt! by the way, i noticed and your vintage lace, i host an event every friday called Flea market fridays - so stop by (or play along!) some time as we are all budget minded gals looking for beauty in all the right places!

i am following you, so i'll see you again!

kecia