Sunday, 16 May 2010

Todays Finds


You know
there are 'nice to dos'
and 'need to dos' 

and visiting flea markets are definately a 'need to do' thing
in my house, so I went for the lokal market today.
Not much to bring home though
but I did get a few things



a little bunch of old tin boxes in some great colors



a few ladies watches
going to pull them apart and use the part for jewelry - I think..




three little packages with old photos
from Sweden, Norway and Denmark



inside each there´s a bunch of old turist  photos
the colored ones are from Copenhagen
many years ago.

After visiting the Flea market
we went to visit my 90 year old MIL on the way back.

When we got there she draged me to a drawer
and wanted me to look at some old stuff she didn´t want to have anymore
and if I could some of this....



IF I COULD USE ANY OF THIS......
ofcourse I could

oh - and I have some old clocks too
would you like to have them too



just look at these
the big one at the right with the green color
is a perfect cream on the outside
and I just love that green and cream one to the left too



this is a very old jewelry box she had tucked
in the bag of her old cabinet
here, take this - she said
I don´t want this old junk anymore



and this is what I found inside....



lots of old jewelry parts, pins, earrings,


and a bag with vintage pearls and broken necklaces

I don´t think this junk
I think it´s a treasury

Don´t you think there could be some
great new jewelry out of this?

Wishing you all a blessed sunday
Tina ♥♥♥

16 comments:

Paula said...

Hi sweet Tina,
I love all of your fabulous flea market finds, but I love the treasures (definitely not junk) from your 90 year old MIL most!!! Such wonderful and beautiful things she gave you! I look forward to seeing what you create with them! Have a lovely day!

Love, Paula

Julie said...

What a wonderful treasure-filled day you had, Tina! Love all your finds--thanks for sharing them!

Hope you're having the most wonderful weekend--sounds like you are!

Gemstone Jewelry said...

i teena,from where you get these all content for blog.because its really amazing.i am follower of your blog now.

cheryl kuhn said...

What a lucky gal you are to have such a generous MIL! I am so in love with those tins, they are beautiful. I cannot wait to see what you create with all of these goodies!!chooe

Ayala Art said...

Wow! Bunch of goodies! I love the boxes and all the stuff in them! Sounds like you'll have a lot of great work coming up!

Lori said...

Tina, that is so sweet that your MIL shared her treasures with you...i love all of the wonderful goodies!!!

Fun With This and That said...

I really like your things. I have bought a few things from your store. Will be back. Laura Q come visit

Debby said...

Oh you lucky girl!!!! Look at all your beautiful treasures. I love everything, those tins are really cool.
Debby

Rebecca said...

Hello
Oh what great finds! and aren't you the lucky one to be given such wonderful treasures!
i love that white necklace, is it shell? Great jewelry to be made, have fun!
Blessings
Rebecca

Holly Loves Art said...

You have such a great blog. I am a follower now!!
Cheers,
Holly

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh and I forgot to say that I LOVE your bears. They are just precious. From a fellow Capricorn!

edytheanne said...

I think your MIL is a treasure to think of you and set aside all this great stuff for you to work with.

Dragonfly Creations said...

Hi Tina
Love all your treasures, can't wait to see what you create.
Are you coming to the Stratford show?
Wendy

Doreen said...

WONDERFUL things Tina...definitely a treasury!! And I agree...you can certainly make some wonderful pieces from these lovely things.

:)Doreen

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Greetings Tina and her Tiny Teddies!

You and your sweet MIL definitely have good taste in Junk! We love Junk :-)
You will turn these into special treasures for sure! I love the old kitchen timers!!
Lynn

Diane said...

Great finds, Tina. And I liked your post below too about the hinge and tags.
Diane