Monday, 24 May 2010

and More Finds

We have been celebrating the Whinsun this weekend
and I have spend some great time with family and friends

As they all - by now - know my love for
'old junk' as they call it, they had sheduled
some junking time for me too.

A trip to my favorite flea marked
and some saved boxes from and old lady
stored in secret at my family.

This is what I brought home 

from the flea market



an antique pair of binoculars



an old photo in frame




vintage glasses, handcrochet lace, some metal buttons


from the family

a bunch of old petticoats in cream, pink and peach
they are going to be transformed into altered suitcase pockets
[I think]




some old tools and a bunch of plasticcovered?  lace doilies



an old glass bottle, spectacle lenses and vintage hairpins



tins and a sweet french  powder canister



old cristmas candles and ornaments
and a stack of old bingo cards and numbers


a box of wooden spools and handles



and two big journals


with original Danish ledger paper from the fifties.
almost unused.
Would have been better if they had been used
but you can´t have it all, can you.....

Going to be busy in the studio the next days....
some of the stuff is already listed here.

All this together with a wonderful time
with family and friends
Who could ask for more...

Wishing you all a wonderful day
Tina ♥♥♥

20 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

What beautiful treasures, Tina! Sounds like such a wonderful weekend!

Hope you're having a lovely Monday...

Julie

Paula said...

Hi dear Tina,
I am so glad you had a wonderful time with your friends and family! You found so many beautiful treasures! All in your lovely colors! So gorgeous! Enjoy creating in your studio! Love, Paula

Lululiz said...

Fabulous finds! Isn't it wonderful when your family and friends support your junking habit, lol.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Tina, WOW, you've scored big time! These are fantastic finds!
Have a wonderful week and enjoy creating!
Hugs,
Julia

Heidi said...

What fun!!!And your new bears are DARLING!
:)Heidi

Michelle Palmer said...

Oh such treasures! Thank you for sharing photos with us~ :)

Debby said...

Love all your beautiful new treasures.
debby

Lori said...

you have all kinds of fun "new to you" goodies to play with ... have fun Tina!!!

Holly Loves Art said...

Delicious finds! It all looks wonderful. Have a wonderful week ahead.
Hugs,
Holly

littlethings1 said...

A lot of wonderful treasures that you have aquired !! It is a lot of fun isn't it !
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog !
Eunice

Angela Weimer said...

What beautiful treasures. Have fun playing wit your new(old) goodies. Can't wait to see what you create. enjoy the rest of the week. Angela

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Loving all your beautiful treasures!!! The new bears below are just darling!

Ware regards,
Carrie

Ann Tatum said...

Wow... I wanna go shopping with you!

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Hi Tina!
These are some incredible finds!
I'm drooling over here. :-)

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Anne

Prim's by Kim said...

Wonderful finds! You are so lucky to have such great flea markets!! xoxo

Chani said...

Hi, this is Chani from Sucre & Cannelle. I have changed my blog name to Blanc & Caramel and the link to http://blancetcaramel.blogspot.com.

Blogspot didn't change the follower link on your blog to my blog automatically, that means: You don't follow my blog anymore and I don't want to loose you as a follower and would like to kindly invite you to

1. visit my new blog http://blancetcaramel.blogspot.com
2. follow me. This works if you unsubscribe and subscribe again.

Thank you!

GIVE AWAY:
I would like to thank you for your loyalty and give you the chance to win an adorable heart ornament from my shop. Please read more about it on my blog.

I hope to see you soon again!

Chani

blancetcaramel (at) gmail.com
www.blancetcaramel.com

La Alicia said...

what pretty discoveries! I love the binoculars!

Zuzu said...

Hi Tina,
I am coming over from Debby's blog - 'The Gathering Nest', and just joined as a "Follower". Your blog is wonderful!
Wishing you a lovely day,
Zuzu

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Oh my goodness ! Those are wonderful flea market finds ~ I love going flea marketing !
xoxo
Lori

Tarnished and Tarnished said...

You find the best stuff girl! Someday maybe I'll take a trip to your part of the world & we can flea together! Lisa