Friday, 9 April 2010

Victorian Style

Wanted to show you what I have been working on lately
with fabric and pretty ribbon



I call them my Victorian Pincushions



I wanted to put together colors
that I don´t normally do


and create some untraditionel pins too.
This one is made of old upholstery fabric with a vintage button on top



and here´s one made out of papier mache, painted cobber
and decorated with old lace and a green twine.



blue paisley on top
pale pink at the button and
a sweet green pon-pon ribbon



I think they came out quite cute
I did have a lot of fun making them.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend
Take care
Tina

19 comments:

Michele Brooks said...

Those are beautiful! I really love the blue fabric mixed with olive green trim. That's gorgeous. Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

tdf gorgeous Tina...i am SO loving the blue one with the roses...that is a real stunner!!!

Debby said...

Hi Tina, they are beautiful.
Debby

Julie said...

Such beautiful pin cushions, Tina--and I LOVE those pins--what a creative idea!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

I love them all, and the aqua with roses is my favorite!

Janine said...

they look marvelous, you deed very well, good come out an kastel. :)) from lady whoknowswho, My complements also for the nice looking pins. An great weekend to you en best wishes from jeany

Claudia said...

They are beautiful! I love the decorated pins, as well.

Claudia

Diane said...

So sweet! Love the florals! And the pin heads - SO CLEVER!!!
Diane

cheryl kuhn said...

Oh I so love the colors you chose and the pins are so precious!! I just love everything you come up with!

PeggyR said...

Those are gorgeous! Have you ever done a bear pincushion?

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

They are cute!!!

The Tin Rabbit said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE them! I love pincushions and these are sooo pretty~

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Wow Tina, these are fabulous!

You have chosen the most beautiful fabrics!!!! I adore these and the cute pins. Girl...you rock! :)

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

What sweet pincushions and pins! Beautiful fabrics. Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Take care, M.

Kath said...

those are so cute and the fabrics are wonderful. YOu rock!
Kath

Alisa said...

These are great Tina! Very Victorian!

starrynightimpressions said...

Tina, everything you create is gorgeous! Really, I mean it.
french blessings,
deborah

The Rustic Victorian said...

Sweet little pincushions Tina!

Susan said...

Love the pin cushions....you have a real talent.