Tuesday, 27 April 2010

A Few Castles and Churches

I´ll like to show you a few photos of how it looks
like where I live.
Half an hours car drive east from where I live
is Copenhagen the Capital


Amalienborg Castle

this is where our Majesty the Queen and her family lives.
There are 4 buildings like this surrounding 
the square and if you look close you can
see a little red sort of tower like thing
standing on the right side of the gate in the back.
These are sentry boxes still in use.
The Royal Danish Life Guards are wachting.

Marble Church

Standing on the square
you can see the big Marble Church
also called Frederiks Church.
The church is open for the public and there a staircase
to the dome with the most beautiful overlook of Copenhagen


Nyhavn

As we didn´t manage to travel to Amsterdam this time
we took a trip to our own canal - Nyhavn - also
situated in Copenhagen.
These are restored really old building
and it´s alway such a nice walk along the canal.

If you drive half an hour up north from where I live
you can visit this castle


Frederiksborg Castle

This castle was used for hunt and home for the king
in the old days.
It´s now open for the public and housesT 
the National History Museum.


the great hall

Inside you can see the great Hall.
Imagine the beautiful balls held here.


Frederiksborg Castle Church

Inside the Castle is also the
Castle Church.

This Church is still in used and very popular
among the young people for their confirmation.



The beautiful Chuch Organ.

This is just the few places we were visiting during our vacation this time.
If there´s any of you out there interested in History,
then come on over to see even more
("wink" "wink" Ruth)

I hope you enjoyed the photos.
Wishing you all a lovely day.

Tina

26 comments:

Marianne@Songbird said...

I have been to Kopenhagen years ago with the choir I was singing in. I remember it fondly. The skies so clear and blue, the colors of the town and the most beautiful blond gods I have ever seen walking around in the wild. It was the first foreign city that made me think I actually would want to live there (and not just because of those blond blue-eyed beauties).
Thanks for bringing back those memories.

cheryl kuhn said...

I can't imagine visiting a place as beautiful as that,let alone live there. You are a lucky gal!!

Heather said...

Thank you so much for sharing!
It must be so wonderful to be surrounded by all of that rich history!
That's something that's truly lacking here in America... and it's kind of sad.

Lululiz said...

Beautiful architecture. I thoroughly enjoyed the photos.

ginger@bearbits said...

What a lovely tour! The buildings are beautiful. I can only imagine what it would be like to see them in person. Thanks for showing us around. I'd love to visit someday.

~ginger

Cobblestone Creations said...

Simply beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing these images. Maybe someday . . .oh heck ~ here I come! ;)

Claudia said...

How beautiful! The buildings are just gorgeous. To be surrounded by all that history and beauty must be wonderful.

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Thank you for the tour.

Doreen said...

Oh gracious...it is so very beautiful..How wonderful!

Wishing you a lovely day :)Doreen

Sue said...

Lovely pics! From the outside, Frederiksborg Castle, looks abit like Canada's parliament buildings in Ottawa. The inside of the castle is gorgeous....wow - that organ!!

Thanks for sharing.

Sue:)

Paula said...

Hi sweet Tina,
Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful photos! You live in a beautiful place! I love the history you shared of these amazing places. The architecture is truly remarkable! We don't have anything like that here in America! The castles and churches are gorgeous! I can only imagine what it would be like to see them in person! I love the marble flooring in the great hall and the ceiling is equally lovely! The churches are so ornate and huge! The canal is very beautiful too, and the homes along side of it are so colorful. I hope you had a wonderful vacation! Thank you again for sharing your beautiful photos! I hope you have a lovely day! Love, Paula

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

You bet I enjoyed the tour! ; ) What a beautiful place you live in...you are certainly blessed. Thank you for sharing with us.
~Michele

The Littlest Thistle said...

It's amazing how some of the old buildings around Europe look like they shared an architect, and then there are others so different, and all so differently ornate. No wonder it took them centuries to build some of them :o)

Diane said...

It's beautiful. You are so lucky to live with all of that history on your doorstep!

Diane

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

How amazing to live surrounded by such beauty and history!
Thank you so much for these gorgeous images.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Anne

The Tin Rabbit said...

How very beautiful!!! Thank you for letting us glimpse this gorgeous city through your eyes~

Lori said...

Tina, it is absolutely gorgeous there in your corner of the world...thank you for the tour...your pictures are stunning!!!

Debby said...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pics with us, amazing.
debby

Alisa said...

So much beauty Tina! Thank you for sharing these photos!

Shirley said...

Hi Tina, I really enjoyed your tour and the beautiful buildings. I love history and seeing places that I know I will never get to go in my life time. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day. Your Missouri Friend.

Caleen said...

I love seeing the rich history of Denmark. How exciting to live there. My ancestors are from Denmark. I would love to visit someday.. I love your blog and all the lovely things you design and make.. The "Bears" are especially special.. Thank you for sharing.. :)

Lenore said...

Your photos are lovely and very interesting, Tina. What history you have surrounding you!
We were in Amsterdam a few years ago and were on one of those canals that look EXACTLY like your photo!
Thanks for the views.

saganaga said...

i've never been to Denmark - beautiful architecture - thanks for sharing the lovely photos !

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

How beautiful!! I might have to one day fly in an airplane just so I could see this in person! Just stunning!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Everything is beautiful, but the Church Organ takes the prize! Stunning! Thanks for sharing such beauty with us!

Dragonfly Creations said...

What a beautiful city, definitely to be added of my 'must visit' places. I love history and old buildings especially beautiful churches. Thank you for sharing the pictures.