Sunday, 28 March 2010

My Moms Book


This is my moms old Catholic Prayer book.
She had this book in her childhood
and used it while she was teached in school by nunes.



I inherited it when my Mom died in a young age.
In the back of the book
inside the cover
she had saved all her memory cards



these are catholic cards she got from the nunes
and her friends - they gave these cards to one another
to keep memory of their friendchip



I love those cards
not only because they were my mothers
but also because I think it was a very sweet way of showing friendship
and I do find they are very pretty too.


some of them have prayer on the back



I wanted others to be able to enjoy some of my mothers cards too,
so I have scanned a few of them



and glued them onto heavy cardboard
so they now have the same feeling as cabinetcards


and turned them into a little set of 5 different cards
bundled up with some of my vintage lace.

My Moms Catholic Card sets are available here.

Wishing you all a wonderful sunday
Tina

11 comments:

Michelle Palmer said...

Such a wonderful treasure and so sweet of you to share~
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Jeany said...

Hi Tina, beautiful cards, my mom hat something like that too, memories coming back. :) Best wishes from Jeany

Flor Larios Art said...

Beautiful cards... I love religious images...I enjoyed very much this post.
Thanks!

Shirley said...

Beautiful cards, I married into a catholic family and it brings back memories of the things that Sister's would use to make little things for my kids. I know when we would go to visit we would tell the kids to be quiet because their halls were just that. We would always get told they were just fine and they need a little noise. Enjoy the rest of your day

Lori said...

what a treasure Tina!!!

Heidi said...

oh boy, are you going to like the stuff I am sending! Almost done, probably send it out Tuesday! Don't forget to send me your address!
:)Heidi

cheryl kuhn said...

What beautiful memories of your mother's to treasure forever. How sweet of you to share them with everyone!

Alisa said...

What a beauitful treasure you have Tina!

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Tina,

Please come over and visit my blog...I have a surprise for you!!

Hugs to you dear friend,

Susan

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Such a sweet treasure Tina.

Amanda said...

Beautiful cards and a wonderful idea! What a treasure that you have such special things from your mom.