Friday, 15 January 2010

Flea Market Finds

I went to the flea makets last saturday
it had been a while, so I needed... lol
this one is a big indoor one we have in Copenhagen
not a bargain flea market
more like an antique dealer mixed with expensive flea market boots market



so you´ll have to look closely to find good stuff
I was a bit lucky this time though



An old tin box
in brown and robins egg blue
- I love old tin boxes and there were a lot this time.
also smaller ones. Most of them were USD 15
I found this for 4



and how about this beautiful old pale pink brooch
rhinestones and silver feathers



brass handles
if you turn them upside down they will
be beautiful holders in a mixed media project



a bunch of old hankerchiefs with the most
beautiful edges
some of them silk
I have the perfect idea for those
coming in my shop very soon :D




and some very old candle light holders
for the christmas tree
I´m not going to use them on my christmas tree though
I´m pretty sure the will end up in a project instead.
~
wishing you a wonderful weekend
Tina

16 comments:

Ed Safin said...

very nice

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

What great vintage finds! Your shops are looking wonderful, too!

stefanie said...

love your treasures!!

Lenore said...

What fabulous finds, Tina. Looking forward to seeing what lovely items you craft with these pieces.

BellaRosa said...

Tina amor, what wonderful treasures you found. I especially love the old hankies, they are so lovely..Can't wait to see what you do with new found treasures. Besos, Rose

Lori said...

oh, you found great things Tina!!! i love the pretty hankies...have a great weekend!!!

Anna said...

WOW beautiful!
I like the old hankerchiefs the most!!!
have a great weekend!

sissie said...

Great finds, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Tiedupmemories said...

What yummies you found! I love that pink brooch! Beautiful! I know what you mean about the prices! We have a big one hear in Atlanta{FLea Market} but the prices are high. Hardly any bargains...looking forward to the Spring with yard sales.Your photo is pretty! How funny...I did not picture you like that.In my mind you had short curly hair! Lol! Now I have a face!
Tracy

Jann said...

Lovely treasures!

Then and Now at Collected Treasures said...

Just found your blog and signed on as a new follower. Love all your new treasures. I am an operating room nurse in Ft Worth Tx and have a small vintage & antiques business. Your blog is beautiful and I will be stopping by often.
Thanks,
Carolyn
PS love your bears :)

hanneb said...

Uhm, du har rigtig fundet guld:-) 'Mit' sædvanlige loppested holder vist vinterlukket, øv øv og jeg ved ikke hvornår de åbner op igen...kan du forestille dig hvor frusteret man kan blive:-))

Nook Cranny Gifts said...

Great finds, love the hankerchiefs, lovely!!
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Boxwood Cottage said...

Great finds Tina! I would have bought all of these too! I so have to go to a flea market again soon!
Can't wait to see what you'll create with your finds. You always create such gorgeous treasures!
I have just added your blog to my fave blogs blogroll.
Warmest wishes sends you
Carola

Shirley said...

You never know what you can find when you go looking. You found some very neat things. I love the linens and hankerchiefs that you found.

LemonyRenee' said...

So many treasures! I think the pink brooch is my favorite, but those candleholders are wonderful, too.