Sunday, 8 November 2009

My New Cabinet Card Box

For a long time I have had my old cabinet cards stored in an old
ciger box on my work table.
~
I have been wanted to decorate it for some time now, so when
I signed up for the Artist Class I decided
to try Lori´s tutorial for her beautiful box.



this is my edition of the box.
Not at all as beautiful as Loris´s
but I´m kind of satisfied with it anyway



I have been working with cream and black lately for the Christmas Collection
and wanted the box to go with the same theme


so I added black string to the edges




and an old key hole on the front
to match the cabinet cards



and some lace too ofcourse :D



Now it´s on my new shelf
only waiting for more creations to come.
What do you think.
~
Have a beautiful sunday
Tina

17 comments:

Artist Class said...

It is beautiful! and what a great use for the box!

Susan - said...

Absolutely beautiful - what a great way to fix up a boring box.

Cheryl said...

Tina, I think it's wonderful! What a lovely way to store supplies.
Warmly,
Cheryl
Bingle Bears

icandy... said...

Tina!
I think it turned out beautifully!!!
Can't wait to see those creations to come...
HUGS!

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Very nice! I have some boxes I can't wait to decorate...time, you know! Yours is truly pretty though. Have a great week. ; )
~Michele

Vintage Blue Studio said...

I think it's beautiful.

Robin said...

This is gorgeous!

Miss Sandy said...

Tina,

I love your box, it is delicious! I can't wait to try my hand at this one too. I love the contrast of colors that you chose and the cabinet cards look great stored in it.

Lenore said...

It's absolutely fabulous, Tina....love the way it looks on your shelf.
Maybe a new project for your etsy shop????????

Bearly Sane said...

Neat and feminine ... love it!
Hey it's great to see you back on line again Tina ... I gather the new 'puter has arrived?
Looking forward to see a few more bears now.
Hugs,
Sandi

Lori said...

Tina!!! your box turned out beautifully!!! you did such a gorgeous job on it, all of your details are stunning!!!

cheryl kuhn said...

It is stunning, what a great place for those photos to live!!

Alisa said...

I love it, Tina! The old key hole is fabulous and just makes the box!!!

Eileen@Star'sFault said...

Tina ~ This turned out so pretty! I really, really lilke the old keyhole. I think that is the perfect touch!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

the lady loves bears said...

I so like your creations with the paper and lace and of course your atc's you are very creative Tina and this box is gorgeous.

Raewyn

Ruth said...

Hi there Tina - love your cabinet card box .
I'm passing on a fun award/tag game if you'd like to take part ; details on my blog .

Lots of Huggies ,
Ruth XX

Heather said...

Oh, I love this box with the old photos inside, and an old looking teddy next to it... how lovely!

I suspect your entire house looks amazing!