Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Victorian decorations

Remember the lace pack a few posts back?
All that lace have been lying on my working table and
now I couldn´t resist anymore.



I decided to create some tiny decorations
with some of the lace.
As background is used some grunge tags - I do find
the color on these perfect together with lace



1 inch old lace wrapped around and decorated with more
lace and bits and pieces


old metal letters and numbers
bought on a market some time ago



velvet ribbon, madonna medaillions bought
back from travels in Italy




I call these for Victorian decorations.
I don´t know if this is the correct word for these
but I do find them very very romantic and nostalgic


In my Tinybeardk shop later today.
Have a lovely and romantic day.
Tina

7 comments:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

So pretty! I'd call them Victorian too. ; )
~Michele

Lori said...

Tina, those are SO gorgeous!!! i love how you embellished them...i think there is something so sweet and pretty about tags wrapped in lace!!!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Tina those are sooooo pretty!!

Susan - said...

Beautiful! I love the way you combined the scraps - they are little pieces of art!

Helena said...

That's called a "Miraculous Medal". Funny; I found a locket today from an old friend that died a few years ago. She'd given it to me and I thought I'd lost it. I opened it up and she had put one of these medals in it! And now I've seen them here too. Weird! Maybe she is saying hullo. It was her anniversary just recently!

Eileen@Star'sFault said...

Oh, I LIKE your Victorian decorations! I wish I'd seen them earlier because I would have purchased one for my very onw. You always make such lovely things Tina - beyond your soulful bears. You have a true artist's eye.

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

Victorian inn bed and breakfast said...

These pictures are amazing thanks for sharing us. I really love to see and read about Victorian style decorations.