Sunday, 2 August 2009

Journals

I found some ordinary plain black notebooks in the studio the other day
and decided to make them into pretty unusual notebooks or Journals instead.


Using old military maps, old book pages

sweet images and an old cabinet cards


This one has an old metal seahorse added to a piece of lace
glued into the front page of the journal.
Then you can use the lace string to mark which page you´re on.

The word 'Journal' writed with rubber stamps on the front



One Journal closed with a string and a vintage button which can be removed.
A tiny teadyed tags under an old metal clip.



The front page of one
with a stamp and the words
'Du Page County'


I actually think they came out quite pretty.
They are both blank inside with lines
all ready to write in.
Would be perfect as a dairy, a notebok, an art journal
or maybe just a pretty decoration.
Both listed here.
Wishing you all a pretty sunday.
Tina

15 comments:

icandy... said...

So very pretty! You've really transformed them!
Hugs,
Christina

Eileen @ Star's Fault said...

Hi Tina! my favorite is the one with the little girl with the sweet mary jane shoes on the front. I love the string and button clusore especially. I'm a sucker for old buttons!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star;s Fault

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Very pretty!!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Those are really special!
Smiles, Karen

Lori said...

those are SO pretty Tina!!!

Bearly Sane said...

...and people ask me if I ever sleep!! You have been busy Tina and they look lovely!
Hugs,
Sandi My Blog

Caleen said...

Really pretty journals. Love what you used for them. I love journals. Great idea!

Jan (J.T.) Thomason said...

the look of your journals is so old world and i love them both! i am especially enamored with the second one - that little girl and the OLD CLIP!!

you're very gifted,
jan

BailiwickDesigns said...

The journals are very pretty - so much more fun than ordinary black! ::Jill

Matilda said...

They are all wonderful Tina. I love your olde world, antiquie style.

Alisa said...

They are wonderful, Tina! I love all of them!

whymsicalmusings said...

Tina this is soooo beautiful! My you have been busy:)
Thanks for the blog comment you made my day!
XXXOOO
Becky

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Tina,
I have been SO MIA in blogland for the last week. But so glad I popped in over here to see these lovely journals you created. What a beautiful job you did on them!
Take care,
M.L.

Barb said...

Wonderful everything!!!
blessings,
Barbara jean

Lynn said...

Beautiful journals Tina :)