Sunday, 12 July 2009

Flea market finds

I went to the lokal flea market today and I was lucky to find a few great things.
These two very very old books





Leather on the outside and with really old Danish typing inside



made i Copenhagen year 1877


some old playing cards


these with only numbers on - in the most beautiful mint green color


an old box with these sweet, sweet tiny bird cards.
Aren´t they just cute...

Though it all would be great to use in any artwork or art journals ect.
My plan is to make some kids out of pages from those old books
together with those sweet green number cards
and the tiny bird cards aswell.


I also found these funny spanish cards

in the box with their original paper still wrapped around



I haven´t decided what to do with them - find them quite funny though
Any suggestions would be appreaciated...

I´m currently working on my next blog giveaway
- only a few more days :D
so stay tuned.

Have a lovely sunday.
Tina








9 comments:

Lori said...

SCORE!!! oh MY...you found the best things Tina...i just LOVE those books...they are stunning...and the little bird cards could not be any sweeter!!! yay for you:)

Marlys said...

Wonderful treasures, Tina. I never run into anything like that. Great things for your art, but I would have trouble using them and leave them as they are...but then no one would enjoy them but me. I'm anxious to see what you do with them.

Marlys

icandy... said...

Those old playing cards are fantastic!!! I especially love the sweet birdie deck! You're going to have so much fun creating with those!!

Happy Sunday!
Christina :)

cheryl kuhn said...

Oh you are truly a lucky gal to find those amazing treasures! I love all the cards but the ones with the sweet birdies are the best!

Terri said...

My Tag came today!! yippie she's wonderful. Thank You doesn't seem to be enough! I've made a slide show to show them off.

Lynn said...

Great finds Tina, and the tiny cards with the birds on them, I have a few of these sent to me by a friend in the States, they are so nice I dare not use them :)

Little Mama said...

LOVE the little bird cards! Lovely finds! - Nina

Eileen @ Star's Fault said...

Hi Tina!! Love the old playing cards, the ones with the big numbers especially. I would use them as inserts into journals, a bit of color and graphic texture that owuld be nice next to a kraft paper page.

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault

Jan (J.T.) Thomason said...

I think i should send you some money to shop for me something from a danish flea market! i love what you found! i have those sweet bird playing cards - they are so adorable!

xoxo, jan