Saturday, 4 July 2009

Decorated Boxes

First of all I have to tell you, it hasn´t been of much work in the studio this last week. It has been sooooo hot here in Denmark. Between 82 and 86 - and I know it´s nothing compare to those of you living in the US, but in Denmark with houses without A/C I can tell this is hot... At least for me that is, as I love temperatures below 68 - ha
Anyway - I have had some fun decorating cardboard boxes, and managed to finish two.
This first one is painted with cream acrylic paint outside and in



then decorated with old paper, music sheets
and a sweet vintage image on the outside of the box.



A piece from an old watch and
old lace around the edge of lid




on top - a beautiful vintage image and an
old handle attached with two vintage buttons



I love that old handle and think it
fits the lid perfect.



Second box - painted with black stain



and decorated with music sheets


old lace, an vintage image on the lid


a tiny tea dyed tag with bird rubber stamp

and another old handle
I don´t think my husband have more of those
old handles in his gems anymore - I actually don´t think he knew he had them....
anyway - he wasn´t going to use them...
not anymore that is....

This black box is available here, if you would like to have a look.
I haven´t decided what to do with the creamy one yet
Maybe keep it for myself - I´ll se about that.
I do have plans on a giveaway box though
Just have to have those temperatures to lower a bit first - ha
I´m currently working on some new tags for
the Christmas In July Events on Lollishops and Etsy
and I received my swap partners for the Marie Tags Swap yesterday
so I´m going to prepare the shipping of my tags.
I´ll show you the tags in a post later.
Have a great weekend
Tina

9 comments:

Lori said...

your boxes are beautiful Tina...i love how you embellished them...and the handles are really cute!!! i hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!!

lorhen82 said...

This is my first visit here. I love these boxes, and so many other things you've made and shown on this blog. Really beautiful and creative! ~Lori

Sadie Lou said...

Those are really timeless--I love them!
~Sadie

Miss Sandy said...

I am so glad you stopped by for a visit! I LOVE the boxes!!!! They are fantastic. I love the clever handle detail. Isn't it fun to scour through hubby's things and find artful goodies?

I have to laugh at your hot temps, ours have been up to 111 with high humidity and heat index that is stifling. Although, we do have air conditioning, it is still miserable. I would welcome 86. We still have at least two or three more months of this. I hope it cools down in your area soon.

Have a wonderful week!

wildthymeoriginals said...

So Beautiful!!!! I LOVE the boxes!

Dorthe said...

Hej Tina,
Wonderfull boxes, I love the details, and old handles- beautifull.
Glæder mig til at høre mere om strikkeriet.

Knus Dorthe

The French Bear said...

Beautiful!!! I just love your bears! I see you are joining the Where Bloggers Create, I hope to do so too, if I can bail out my room!!! I like your blog, it is so inviting!!
Cheers,
Margaret B

Terri said...

These boxes are just lovely. Terrific!
Looking for ward to seeing what you created for the Marie tag swap. I'm done and getting ready to mail mine out too. I'm also holding off posting what I did.

Tanya said...

I simply love your decorated box. It is so pretty. I have made one inspired on yours. I think yours is just so perfect. Well done!!!
I wish you all the best.