Thursday, 9 July 2009

Christmas In July

These last couple of days I have been working on Christmas Stuff for my shops. Christmas In July on Etsy and Lollishops is approaching - starting up next week, so I had to be prepared :D



A few weeks ago I found these very speciel cake molds at a flea market nearby.
Though they would be great as a Christmas Ornament
- so I attached a wire with a little pearl as a hanger




and decorated the inside with paper from an old book
and some sweet images of vintage girls




added a bit of silver glitter round the image
and the finished result was these nostalgic ornament


When I think of Christmas, the first thing to pop in my head is tags
lots of tags - I just love all kind of tags



so - I tea dyed some manila tags and decorated them
with images of sweet vintage children



old paper
images of Father Christmas


and some silver glitter

These last tags are made of images of Father Christmas
cut out and attached to heavy paper to make them strong.
All the tags are blank on the back to write any message you like.
Aren´t they sweet - I´m going to use them as tags
on christmas gifts to my special ones.
The tags and the ornaments is
available in my shops here and here if you would like to have a look.
Merry Christmas In July
Tina

11 comments:

All Bear said...

What pretty work and how lovely to have a taste of Christmas in July!

Lori said...

Tina, your altered molds are just gorgeous!!! the images you used are really sweet...and i love the little touch of glitter!!!

lorhen82 said...

I just love your tin mold ornaments and your tags...very pretty! ~Lori

Brayton Homestead Interiors said...

love your Christams item- the tin ornament is very original and so lovely. only been on esty since Nov. didn't know they did it in July, thanks...

whymsicalmusings said...

OH MY I love the tins! Fabulous!!!!
XXX

Lynn said...

Oh nooooooo I do not want to think about Christmas because summer is so short here in Canada, but I have to say that your ornaments are just beautiful. Simple, and beautiful, I love them :)

cheryl kuhn said...

You have outdone yourself on those beautiful ornaments! They would be stunning on a tree or even hanging in a frost covered window!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

How festive! And yes, those molds make gorgeous ornaments!

Little Mama said...

The molds are beautiful!! I love the tags too!!

Bearly Sane said...

These are all gorgeous Tina but I love what you did with the molds the best...you're such a clever girl!
Hugs,
Sandi

THEA said...

Christmas in July!!!


Nice things you made!very very pretty!

I like it very mutch!

Greetz Thea from Holland