Friday, 1 May 2009

Buttons

Did I ever mentioned I love buttons...
Thought I would show you my button collection today. Most of them are real old buttons. I have the white ones stores in an old glass jar, found in the cellar in my mother-in-laws house. Oh - she have so much lovely stuff.





I love those old white ones. Every time I visit a flea market I have to look after more. They have become rather rare in Denmark. I suppose there´s more than me who likes them - ha


old military buttons - big and small. Love the color of those. Perfect for some mixed media projects - quite fancy with the crowns on top.



pretty buttons from old dresses. Also from my mother-in-law. As young she worked for a dress maker, and every time they had to repair some of those dresses they manage to get hold of some of those buttons. And she have keept them ever since. I haven´t used any af those yet - can´t get myself to use them on a project just yet.



a closeup of those pretty buttons



little old button card - the only one I have, and there´s only four buttons left. I think it´s pretty though.



See my little old button card among my white buttons in that old jar.
Do you love buttons as much as I do. I would love to hear.

Have a lovely weekend
Tina ♥♥♥

14 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi Tina,

I have a button collection, too!! Looks like you picked up some great ones. :-)

Hugs,

Ellen

Peng Peng said...

buttons are a crafters guilty pleasure :) I have TONS of buttons, more than i could ever use, but I just love to look at them. The white ones are Mother-of-Pearl? They are fairly common in the US. i too have jars full of them. It is fun to organize them into jars :)

Tiedupmemories said...

I love your collection! I wish I had some of those lovely buttons!
Tracy

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

I, too, hoard buttons! I'll have to share some pics on my blog some time. The old, thin, white shell buttons are my favorite, and the black-lipped mother of pearl buttons are nice to find, too.

I especially like your metal crown buttons! They are very sweet.

Lori said...

Tina, you have a beautiful collection of buttons...i see some really lovely pink ones in there...i love button cards, even if they have some buttons missing...actually, i prefer them with a few buttons missing...

cheryl kuhn said...

What a lucky gal you are to have all those wonderful buttons!! I really love the metal military ones, the crowns on them are so neat!

Megan Chamberlain said...

Hi Tina
I love buttons, I collect them where ever I go. When I was young and was ill my Mom gave me a huge bottle of old buttons to play with, I think this was the start of me collecting them. I am still finding a lot of the old white ones at the French boot markets.

Alisa said...

Oh yes, I love buttons too! I have my great grandmother's button box, which is full of buttons. I love to sit and sort them, just like I was a little girl! :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

visiting from Sweet Romance....

You have inspired me to check out my button collection. I have buttons from way, way back.

Sweet Romance said...

Oh I love buttons too! They're beautiful and so fun to look at!

TinyBear said...

it seems everyone have a soft spot for buttons - thanks for sharing. I love reading all your comments.

Cottage In The Sun said...

I just got ahold of some buttons from my grandmother's house - so fun!

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Splendid! So envious of these! They're absolutely terrific.

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.