Monday, 16 March 2009

Upcoming Events

This past weekend I held a Bear Making class - an anual event. Or should I say biannual, as it has become. Every spring and every fall I´m having a Bear Making Class.
So a couple of days last week was spend preparing the class.


New patterns were made and turned into kits, fabric was cut, wool weighted and stores in platic bags ect. The kits have to include all the materials for the bears they are going to sew in the class. This time I had two models to choose from. A tiny one about 3 inch and a large one about 5.5 inch.



Along with the kits I also bring lots of mohair to choose from for different projects. Long pile mohair, short pile mohair, mini mohair, different size eyes and join sets.



Here you can see everything lined up, just wait for the participants. I totally forgot to take a photo during the class - duhh. They all had a great time sewing these little ones, and went home with a little bear each - some even with two. This is always so much fun.

Now the spring shows are approaching. First one to come is Sydney Teddy Bear Fair on March 22th. I won´t be there in person, only some of my bears. They will be displayed on the International Traders Table. I would have loved to travel with them - maybe some other time.

Next show is the Spring Theme Online Show at Bear Paths on March 25th. I have 3 little ones available at this show.


I´m curently working on bears for a real show here in Denmark held on March 28th and 29th.



These little ones are patiently waiting for some more sisters and brothers to be finished for the fair. I have about 8 finished at this time - just about 10 more to go ... Oh well, I´ll have to see how things turns out. Thankfully I have a few days off from work later this week - phew.

Better get back to some bearmaking.
Have a lovely day.
Tina

10 comments:

ginger said...

You are so organized and everything for the class looks so neat. I'm glad everyone had a good time. It looks like it would be a fun one! Best of luck getting your bears ready for all the upcoming shows.

Tiedupmemories said...

Very well organized!What a fun class to be in! Wishing you lots of luck for your upcoming shows!I just love looking at Emma Lou! So Cute!
Tracy

Lori said...

those little faces are SO sweet!!! how fun to take a class with you:)

Sweetina said...

Oh how i would love to have been at your workshop! The class set up looked so organized and fun!
Your bears are darling,Tina! Goodluck with your show in Denmark on the 28th/29th.Maybe somday you will go to Sydney with your bears~that would be fun wouldn't it!?
Lovely post and congratulations on your award! You deserve it!
Tinaxox

cheryl kuhn said...

How lucky to be able to take a class with you! I am sure the participates felt that way too!!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh, Tina...look at all of that mohair!!

What a great idea!...so nice to share your talent and have a room full of busy, happy bear makers!

You are going to be one busy bee for the next couple of weeks...pace yourself!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Nancy

Ruth said...

HeeeHee you're much busier than I am Tina ! ( I thought I had loads to do)
Love the picture of those sweet little bears - one looks like he wants to ask a question :0)
I bet your class was lots of fun too , wish I could've dropped by !

So many huggies ,

Ruth x

TinyBear said...

Thank you so much every one.
Wouldn´t it be great if you all could come. I would love that. What a fantastic class we could be.
Tina x

Miss Sandy said...

Oh what I would have given to sit in on your class and learn to make tiny bears! I try to imagine making those intricate parts. It must be a true labor of love. Wonderful!

Ellen said...

Oh Tina! Your class must have been wonderful!!! Your kits look so professional - very lovely, and I'm sure everyone had a great time and learned so much! :o) Congratulations!

I love your sweet little bears for the fair, also.

Hugs,

Ellen♥♥♥